20mph?......Really?

kayakndave

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 20mph?......Really?

I certainly wouldn't assume it's the carbs. At 130.00 each, you might find that assumption was all for nothing and expensive. Have a good mechanic perform proper diagnostics with guarantee.... Money well spent!

archcycle

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, Has spark, and good compression. Taking it in this week to have the carbs rebuilt.
3 carbs @ $130.00 ea. Seems fair to me. To be continued...............

Oh no Don't get yourself into them $390!

Carb kits are about $25 each. You can very easily do all 3 yourself in a total of about an hour. There is nothing tricky or difficult. There's a sticky on this forum (top secret files) with info. You might as well get a service manual while you're at it.

theviking64

Seaman

This boat mechanic is charging me $30.00 for the kit. He also gonna take them off, re-install, tune it, & check timing. Also test it. Well worth the money in my eyes. All I have to do is load the cooler, pick it up, and head to the lake. I just want it running good for next summer, then it will go to my son, and I will get my Nordic Rage.............:cool::eek:

theviking64

Seaman

Ok Boys & Girls.....Got the boat back from the mechanic. If this thing performs now, he was worth every penny. He checked everything! He rebuilt the carbs, 3 were not getting any fuel at all. He checked the fuel pumps..4psi, the "something" down test? (Help me here)..was 10psi or 10% i cant remember, cylinder compression was 120psi in 5 cylinders and 119psi in 1, (which for a 32 yo motor is pretty damn good). Thermostats are good, needed a new thrust washer, installed that. All for $400.00......Oh, and he checked the air pressure in the trailer tires and re-did the bearings! lol. He said it should scream now. We will see Saturday

iwombat

Captain

That'd be a leak-down test w/ 10% leak-down loss.