2023 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspeck

Staff member
Charlie Berens, Midwest comic, stated that Rodgers just set the record for the longest Mid-West Goodbye, surpassing the previous record held by Farve. LOL.

Glad that saga is over and teams can move forward…

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Had no clue what his record was against the Vikes. He just whines about something year after year and the local media covers it, which is located in Mn... Not going to miss it... Alot of Packer fans are happy too....
His Joe Rogan/vaccination bull was pretty lame so I agree with you there.

Last edited by a moderator:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Draft starts tonite.
#1 Pick - Bryce Young to the Panthers....

aspeck

Staff member
They sure hyped Will Levis up before the draft only to dash his hopes. He has a cannon for an arm and is built, much more so than most QB's, but his accuracy is a bit off and he currently lacks a soft touch on passes where that is required. Is decision making in the pocket has also been the reason for some of his injuries, which has effected his accuracy and performance last year. I figured he was at best a 2nd rounder or possibly a 3rd rounder. But what do I know ... the experts said differently ...

Several of the talking heads also said Joey Porter, Jr would be a 1st rounder. Having watched him play, he is explosive and exciting, but his over-aggressiveness has lead to missed plays giving up big yards and too many PI calls. Again, he is good and has a lot of upside potential, but is also a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. The Steelers MIGHT pick him up in their first pick of the 2nd round. They and Steeler Nation liked his father's play and there are a lot of similarities.

FLATHEAD

Commander
They sure hyped Will Levis up before the draft only to dash his hopes. He has a cannon for an arm and is built, much more so than most QB's, but his accuracy is a bit off and he currently lacks a soft touch on passes where that is required. Is decision making in the pocket has also been the reason for some of his injuries, which has effected his accuracy and performance last year. I figured he was at best a 2nd rounder or possibly a 3rd rounder. But what do I know ... the experts said differently ...

Several of the talking heads also said Joey Porter, Jr would be a 1st rounder. Having watched him play, he is explosive and exciting, but his over-aggressiveness has lead to missed plays giving up big yards and too many PI calls. Again, he is good and has a lot of upside potential, but is also a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. The Steelers MIGHT pick him up in their first pick of the 2nd round. They and Steeler Nation liked his father's play and there are a lot of similarities.
They did just that with Porter. I see they picked up Darnell Washington in the 3rd round. I think that was a good pick, surprised he was still there. The kid is big, just needs to refine his skills a bit. The steelers needed to bolster the run blocking game.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So what do they get out of it? 1st Hockenson and now Swift.

20230429_132322.jpg

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Charlie Berens, Midwest comic, stated that Rodgers just set the record for the longest Mid-West Goodbye, surpassing the previous record held by Farve. LOL.

Glad that saga is over and teams can move forward…
Gotta admit, that hurts a bit - hopefully not too much. But that's how NFL Football is here in WNY - hurting is part of the deal, for a long time.

FLATHEAD

Commander

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Can’t speak for the lions but swift will compliment the Philly rushing game. With Sanders gone he will get some time on the field. Hopefully will stay healthy.
Philly has made some great picks and moves.
Swift is a decent back, but so was Sanders... I believe the Lions picked up a Bama back...

aspeck

Staff member
Gee, maybe I should sue because of my knee injuries in high school that greatly hindered my professional career! o_O:D:p

FLATHEAD

Commander
Nicky six might be very near the end of his NFL career. He will always be a hero in Philadelphia. Even have a statue of him and Dougy P. outside the stadium.

Attachments

• IMG_4615.jpeg
    IMG_4615.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I guess this is the second time he was replaced by the mustache..
Kinda ..

Status
Not open for further replies.