2023 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
iboats' NFL Pick'em is back! The start of the season is a month away. Get Registered for ESPN's Fantasy NFL Pick'em. We are picking STRAIGHT ... no confidence points, no spread. Join the iboats group. Winner gets bragging rights!
I’m In!
Muhahahahaaa!
Go Steelers!

aspeck

Staff member
The landscape of College Ball is swiftly changing. The PAC12 will have difficulty surviving now that they are down to 4 teams and Stanford and Cal talking to the ACC and rumors that academically they may be able to bump the B1G to 20 teams.

FLATHEAD

Commander
The landscape of College Ball is swiftly changing. The PAC12 will have difficulty surviving now that they are down to 4 teams and Stanford and Cal talking to the ACC and rumors that academically they may be able to bump the B1G to 20 teams.
All about the media coverage and money. I can’t see 20 teams in the B1G, but I suppose it could happen.

aspeck

Staff member
All about the media coverage and money. I can’t see 20 teams in the B1G, but I suppose it could happen.
But it might make them go back to 2 divisions ... East and West (or Big and Pac ... lol), which would make travel easier ... doubtful, but possible ...

FLATHEAD

Commander
But it might make them go back to 2 divisions ... East and West (or Big and Pac ... lol), which would make travel easier ... doubtful, but possible ...
Yeah, I’ve heard all kinds of scenarios as far as traveling. Everything from two games in four days to multiple teams traveling together.

FLATHEAD

Commander
Gonna butt in here with some MLB stuff. Worth mentioning. Phillies picked up Lorenzin at trade deadline. Pitched his first game for Philly in Miami, was a good outing. Last night he made his debut at citizens bank park in Philly and tossed a no hitter. Was an incredible game on more fronts than one. I’ve watched the Phillies win a World Series and watched Hamels and Halliday pitch no hitters. This game ranks up near the top.

aspeck

Staff member
17 innings in 2 games is pretty rare in this day and age ...

FLATHEAD

Commander
17 innings in 2 games is pretty rare in this day and age ...
Yes indeed. He was up to around 100 pitches in the seventh due to some deep counts early in the game. I was shocked Tomson kept him in, not that I wanted him to pull him. Tomson has made some dumb moves this year.

Also in the game Phillies Weston Wilson Homered at his first MLB at bat. Best game I’ve watched in a long time!

aspeck

Staff member
Also in the game Phillies Weston Wilson Homered at his first MLB at bat. Best game I’ve watched in a long time!
I saw the replay of his dad wiping his eyes after Weston rounded the bases ... pretty sweet moment!

aspeck

Staff member
Sounds like the NCAA Infractions committee isn't going to accept the negotiated penalties concerning Michigan and Harbaugh. Sounds like Harbaugh should have been more cooperative ...

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Rodgers is trying to stay relevant...
I think he'll put a good little scare in our local NFL team, now that he's in our division, and that's good. Then, I think (hope?) our local NFL Team will rip 'em a new one. It'll be interesting to see first game of this season

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think he'll put a good little scare in our local NFL team, now that he's in our division, and that's good. Then, I think (hope?) our local NFL Team will rip 'em a new one. It'll be interesting to see first game of this season
Wipe the floor with Rodgers... Is that too harsh? 🤔🙂

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I’m in on pickum .. For what ever internet typical luck I have I had to resign up and new pw .
Sorry about the ridiculous sign in name . It says I can change it . Couldn’t figure it out .Tired .. I’ll try tomorrow.. 🥱😴

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Any of y’all been watching Swamp Kings on Netflix ? I think you will enjoy it even if your not Gator fans ..

Status
Not open for further replies.