2021 Starcraft Splash of the Year Champion!

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Great projects all around. Thanks for taking us along for the journey!!!

SHSU

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
Dont even know what to say. Today has been a rollercoaster and I honestly never expected to win.

Been trying to kill a ratmouse under my house for around a week, and while hunting him I found a small leak in the sewer pipe.

CF3A78B6-4FE1-430A-A0BC-6EC9FBD9E6CC.jpeg

Luckily it just dripped onto dirt next to the foundation, not a big deal. Went under the house this morning, and noticed my traps all disturbed, but empty. As I went towards the back corner of the house, I see a rat, just sitting in the dirt facing away from me, eating something in his hands. He didnt seem to notice or mind my bright flashlight or the noises of me entering the crawl space. I looked around for a blunt object so I could end the battle. Nothing around, and I didnt want to move, risking losing my quarry. All I had in my hands were my flashlight, and a padlock from the door. So I got a good grip on the pad lock, focused on the back of his head, and sent it flying. Bam!!! Dead rat!! I was stoked. He ventilated one of my layout blinds, and soiled all of them, for waterfowl, so it was personal.

DE60CD95-E460-464D-8534-89927B917C4C.jpeg

Rollercoaster…. After the kill, I look up and my little sewer drip is now a full blown gushing leak. Had just used the bathroom so it was a-flowin.. yay. Off to the hardware store after I shovel the rat outside for the birds to eat. Got the fittings, glue, and returned home to gather my tools for the job. Hacked apart the line, glued it all together, and was on the last piece when !!crack!! - the 3-way fitting lets go. $@&!. Have to go pick up the first mate soon so back to the hardware store!!

6C2ACD06-545C-451B-AD8A-BC70B77EAAE4.jpeg

Brought my first mate home and had to explain very carefully - DO NOT FLUSH THE TOILET!! Put a lot of faith in my 4 year old and stuck him in front of an ipad so I could go finish the work. Get down there and in around 45 min, its all done. Leak checked and is holding water. Stoked!!

2D718D57-BC7E-43EA-BC01-368AEBB02A9B.jpeg

Not in the story is me also working my regular job inbetween all this stuff. Finally had time to relax just before the Admiral got home and checked out this site. Got a private message and tons of notifications, so look at the splash vote and Ill be damned. I actually won! Had to share my crazy day first lol. But…

Thank you guys!! I seriously didnt think I had a chance of winning. I know Im my own worst critic but look at who I was up against!!! @BOYS & TOYS built a fully custom boat with badass tools and tricks that Im not even remotely capable of. @jdvasher ripped off his hull plate and completely re-riveted that part, as well as tore apart his outdrive!! And @boaterdave90210 built Howie in honor of his admiral’s grandfather, Howie - that got my vote cause it reminded me of my Grandpa. All of you guys brought forward beautiful complete boats that run great!! Hats off to all of you.

Whatever made you guys vote for me means a lot! My boat is not nearly as complete, or winning any races on the water vs the other splashes, but she was built with heart and my family in mind. Cant thank the Starmada enough - @MNhunter1 @Michigan Lakes @sidingguy @BWR1953 @ShoestringMariner - @classiccat @SHSU & @Watermann you guys were the ones coaching me 90% of the time. I need to reread my own thread to even mention half the guys that said hello, gave advice, and said atta boy to keep me going. Lots of blood n sweat over the past year to get her from an ugly green/black over original puke yellow, to a beautiful, basic white/blue. Definitely one of the greater accomplishments of my life - glad to share it with you all and have all you share your builds as well!!

I know shes not done yet, and probably wont be for years as I add and modify her more to be just right. But I couldnt be happier with how far shes come and what shes done for my family. Lost some time with my kid while working on her, but he watched the build and helped, which made up for that time. He looks up to me for what I did which is priceless. Cant wait to hand down the boat to him one day. I guess Ill have to build something else for his baby sister who is on the way…

Big thanks again to our host iboats, and admins @jbcurt00 and @GA_Boater @Rasdiir @PaulyV and @FIGMO - thanks guys. @FIGMO you would have easily given us all a run for our money with your build too!

Still in shock. Humbled. Honored. Proud. Glad the rat is dead, sewer leak fixed, and to top it off all - this. What a day. God bless! Ill see you guys on the forum.

-Scott (moserkr), Kourtney (Admiral), Wyatt (First Mate), and (soon) Aubrey
2183F7BD-C542-4A33-9B56-F77A2DDAFD09.jpeg
7645B32F-2511-43AF-B75A-46AE95259D59.jpeg
679E2BA8-31D8-4D07-922E-2B3B941A1C6F.jpeg
D77D456F-16EA-4CC7-8B61-4D1DA2F2BB58.png

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander

jdvasher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dont even know what to say. Today has been a rollercoaster and I honestly never expected to win.

Been trying to kill a ratmouse under my house for around a week, and while hunting him I found a small leak in the sewer pipe.

View attachment 354693

Luckily it just dripped onto dirt next to the foundation, not a big deal. Went under the house this morning, and noticed my traps all disturbed, but empty. As I went towards the back corner of the house, I see a rat, just sitting in the dirt facing away from me, eating something in his hands. He didnt seem to notice or mind my bright flashlight or the noises of me entering the crawl space. I looked around for a blunt object so I could end the battle. Nothing around, and I didnt want to move, risking losing my quarry. All I had in my hands were my flashlight, and a padlock from the door. So I got a good grip on the pad lock, focused on the back of his head, and sent it flying. Bam!!! Dead rat!! I was stoked. He ventilated one of my layout blinds, and soiled all of them, for waterfowl, so it was personal.

View attachment 354692

Rollercoaster…. After the kill, I look up and my little sewer drip is now a full blown gushing leak. Had just used the bathroom so it was a-flowin.. yay. Off to the hardware store after I shovel the rat outside for the birds to eat. Got the fittings, glue, and returned home to gather my tools for the job. Hacked apart the line, glued it all together, and was on the last piece when !!crack!! - the 3-way fitting lets go. $@&!. Have to go pick up the first mate soon so back to the hardware store!!

View attachment 354694

Brought my first mate home and had to explain very carefully - DO NOT FLUSH THE TOILET!! Put a lot of faith in my 4 year old and stuck him in front of an ipad so I could go finish the work. Get down there and in around 45 min, its all done. Leak checked and is holding water. Stoked!!

View attachment 354695

Not in the story is me also working my regular job inbetween all this stuff. Finally had time to relax just before the Admiral got home and checked out this site. Got a private message and tons of notifications, so look at the splash vote and Ill be damned. I actually won! Had to share my crazy day first lol. But…

Thank you guys!! I seriously didnt think I had a chance of winning. I know Im my own worst critic but look at who I was up against!!! @BOYS & TOYS built a fully custom boat with badass tools and tricks that Im not even remotely capable of. @jdvasher ripped off his hull plate and completely re-riveted that part, as well as tore apart his outdrive!! And @boaterdave90210 built Howie in honor of his admiral’s grandfather, Howie - that got my vote cause it reminded me of my Grandpa. All of you guys brought forward beautiful complete boats that run great!! Hats off to all of you.

Whatever made you guys vote for me means a lot! My boat is not nearly as complete, or winning any races on the water vs the other splashes, but she was built with heart and my family in mind. Cant thank the Starmada enough - @MNhunter1 @Michigan Lakes @sidingguy @BWR1953 @ShoestringMariner - @classiccat @SHSU & @Watermann you guys were the ones coaching me 90% of the time. I need to reread my own thread to even mention half the guys that said hello, gave advice, and said atta boy to keep me going. Lots of blood n sweat over the past year to get her from an ugly green/black over original puke yellow, to a beautiful, basic white/blue. Definitely one of the greater accomplishments of my life - glad to share it with you all and have all you share your builds as well!!

I know shes not done yet, and probably wont be for years as I add and modify her more to be just right. But I couldnt be happier with how far shes come and what shes done for my family. Lost some time with my kid while working on her, but he watched the build and helped, which made up for that time. He looks up to me for what I did which is priceless. Cant wait to hand down the boat to him one day. I guess Ill have to build something else for his baby sister who is on the way…

Big thanks again to our host iboats, and admins @jbcurt00 and @GA_Boater @Rasdiir @PaulyV and @FIGMO - thanks guys. @FIGMO you would have easily given us all a run for our money with your build too!

Still in shock. Humbled. Honored. Proud. Glad the rat is dead, sewer leak fixed, and to top it off all - this. What a day. God bless! Ill see you guys on the forum.

-Scott (moserkr), Kourtney (Admiral), Wyatt (First Mate), and (soon) Aubrey
View attachment 354703
View attachment 354702
View attachment 354701
View attachment 354700
Congratulations on the win! very nice work.