2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just came in ..Jaguars just fired there GM . Not sure on coach ..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Last week I got a notice from ESPN about Capital One Bowl Mania. I put it on the back burner for now.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
They announced Gator Bowl tickets go on sale this week .. IDK what the limit will be ..

bassman284

Commander
Last week I got a notice from ESPN about Capital One Bowl Mania. I put it on the back burner for now.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering what was going to happen with that. I didn't check in to see what they had listed but it seems like a lot of it is up in the air.

GA_Boater

So far 4 bowls are cancelled - Red Box Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, Hawaii Bowl and the Sun Bowl.

aspeck

Staff member
Michigan cancels Saturday's game against Maryland in a hopes of not losing another game ... er, I mean because of a surge of COVID cases.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Michigan cancels Saturday's game against Maryland in a hopes of not losing another game ... er, I mean because of a surge of COVID cases.
They may cancel OSU too. OSU may not get the needed games for the Championship.

64osby

Admiral
So far 4 bowls are cancelled - Red Box Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, Hawaii Bowl and the Sun Bowl.
As I recall from last year the fan attendance from the Bahamas Bowl and the Hawaii Bowl were both very minimal last year based on cameras shots during the games. Not sure about the Red Box or Sun Bowl games.

bassman284

Commander
As I recall from last year the fan attendance from the Bahamas Bowl and the Hawaii Bowl were both very minimal last year based on cameras shots during the games. Not sure about the Red Box or Sun Bowl games.
Yeah. They were doing social distancing before it was fashionable.

GA_Boater

The Bahamas Bowl has a few extra impediments caused by virus restrictions. You can't drive to the islands. Pre-testing boat and airline passengers and other restrictions make it a huge hassle.

El Paso is setting unwelcome coronavirus records and hosting the Sun Bowl doesn't seem like a sound plan.

The Redbox Bowl is held in the San Francisco area and was partially sponsored by the 49'ers. The Niners withdrew support earlier in the year and the bowl lost it's playing site back in late July and was cancelled then.

The Hawaii Bowl was cancelled because of pandemic concerns and travel restrictions.

This is the current list of cancelled bowls, 9 out of the original 43 bowl games. Less darts are needed to pick bowl game winners in Mania;
  • Bahamas Bowl (Big Ten vs. Pac-12)
  • Celebration Bowl (MEAC vs. SWAC)
  • Fenway Bowl (AAC vs. ACC)
  • Hawaii Bowl (AAC vs. Mountain West)
  • Holiday Bowl (ACC vs. Pac-12)
  • Las Vegas Bowl (Pac-12 vs. SEC)
  • Pinstripe Bowl (ACC vs. Big Ten)
  • Quick Lane Bowl (ACC, Big Ten, MAC)
  • Redbox Bowl (Big Ten vs. Pac-12)
  • Sun Bowl (ACC vs. Pac-12)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
#8 MSU leads Detroit Mercy by 5 4min left. Pathetic..

Now 1

GA_Boater

#8 MSU leads Detroit Mercy by 5 4min left. Pathetic..

Now 1

#8 MSU leads Detroit, Mercy by 5 4min left. Pathetic..

Added the missing comma. LOL

Who the heck is Detroit Mercy? A parochial high school team?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
One would think, MSU wins by 7. Nothing to be happy about, except it's a win. I guess....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I guess no TNF this week? Good, because I would have forgotten to pick.

my two upsets this week are Washington (gott support our boy Alex) and its time for pittsburg to lose. After last game I think they are due.

And chargers - I think phillip and team can do this.