2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

aspeck

Staff member
Leveon Bell is 28 years of age and sat out a year for more $, so he SHOULDN’T be a has been. He was trouble because of $ for the Steelers and brought additional turmoil to the Jets. His productivity dropped to 3.3 yards per carry with the Jets who didn’t use him to his potential. He has been injured and missed at least a game every year he has played. Good luck with him!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ah yes he was the one yall kept droning on in last years NFL thread. OK, we'll see. After last nights game we showed what a rushing game should look like.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I thought AB felt like he was bigger than the team too...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We have no idea if Bell was a distraction, contraction or no action. All we can do is wait and see. I don't think Jim Brown in his prime could run behind that abomination of a offensive line in NY or is it NJ? I wouldn't be to happy if I was a Jersey boy paying taxes to the county and state to run a stadium that only New York teams play in. Unhappy would be putting it mildly.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
just saw that.

Speaking of Brady, i had a dream last night he went to Cleveland.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A question about AB. He is suspended without pay for the 1st 8 games of 2020 which is week 9. He hasn't been on a team since 9/20/19 when he was released by the Patriots.

The question is how can a player who isn't a player for any team serve a suspension? Did he just skate most of his 8 games?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
MSU was spanked by Rutgers. I think MSU had 7 turnovers....

aspeck

Staff member
Heard PSU had a tough day. What was the controversy?
Very rough day ... did not play well, too many turn overs, 3 missed field goals, and leading 21-20 with 1:42 left to play and IU with 1 time out, the PSU running back ran the ball 14 yards for a TD. IU then went down the field and scored, making the 2 pt conversion and sending game to OT (After PSU missed the 3rd FG from 57 yards by inches).

PSU got the ball first and scored, going up by 7. IU scored and went for 2. IU QB ran the ball and I feel the ball hit the ground out of bounds before hitting the front of the goal line pylon. However it was ruled a good 2pt conversion on the field and review felt there was not enough evidence to over turn. That was the controversy.