2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All the 2020 sport record books will be filled with asterisks and footnotes.

aspeck

Staff member
Penn State is looking at a Fall Sports start date of around Thanksgiving right now ... hmmm ... wonder how that would work?

EDIT: Reports are that President Trump has talked with the B1G Commish, asking him to re-look at his decision and start the football season sooner rather than later.

EDIT Again: Dan Patrick is reporting the B1G and PSU are potentially looking at an Oct 10 start date for the football season.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That's interesting. Is the PAC12 next? To me all the conferences need to start at the same time whether it's fall or spring.......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Here's some nonsense. Now local high school teams are doing the kneeling thing. Not everybody on the team. Heck, if I was doing anything but facing the flag and keeping my mouth shut, I would of had the coaches foot up my butt. However, good thing there was a "pad" there.....lol But that was a long time ago when there was a thing called respect......

Anyway, the NFL is supposed to start soon. Thu 9/10 Texans and Chiefs.

We're doing our Fantasy Draft this weekend. Tough to get too excited, could be a short season.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Washington Football Team just cut AP as a part of the roster reduction. I wonder if his career is over?

GA_Boater

13 years is a really long career for an RB. Might be time to hang up the cleats while he can still walk.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm sure there are teams that could use him. If nothing else, come back as a Viking for a day and retire as a Viking...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
AP landed in Detroit, for 1 yr. Haven't heard a $ amount....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Still don't know what they're going to do when 2 conferences don't play till spring. Playing just for pride?

aspeck

Staff member
Yesterday Penn State reported 184 new CV cases on campus and the Fall Sports teams accounted for 48 of those tests, I believe. The fall sports teams went over the 5% positive test limit and all practices have been suspended temporarily. There went any hope of a B1G October start ... doubtful for an early Nov start.

aspeck

Staff member
B1G is to vote this weekend or next weekend to start play or not and when.

Watching the Charlotte v. App State game and the announcers were talking about Charlotte’s illegal uniforms ... the gold lettering on a white Jersey is not contrasting enough and the officials COULD have penalized Charlotte 15 yards and a loss of a time out at the start of each half. Charlotte was NOT penalized.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Is the NFL going to allow the kneeling for the anthem this year ?
Or adopting the BLM movement on field ? If so I think I’m done with it ..
As much as I love watching and cheering my team on I just can’t handle the disrespect any longer ..
Im being optimistic that they don’t get carried away with the crap .. Fingers crossed ...

GA_Boater

How do they figure? I can see the gold on white with no problem.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If the B1G rejoins what about the PAC12? I still say it should be all or nothing with the 5 conference's.

Well sphelps , u got your answer.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
At least they dropped the PI replay rule and the replay booth is back on the sidelines, not NY..

aspeck

Staff member
Looks like B1G might start play Oct 17th. We should know by Tuesday ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If the B1G rejoins what about the PAC12? I still say it should be all or nothing with the 5 conference's.

Well sphelps , u got your answer.....

Kind of ... I didn’t watch any of the game or the pre-game . I was out and about working on the boat and doing some running around in town . I got part of it on the radio .. My son told me that the team stayed in the locker room for the anthem ..
Out of sight out of mind .. Still irks me though ..