2019 Sea Doo Fish Pro Wear Ring (small marks)

diver94

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi!
I had boats for years, but Im new to PWCs. I recently bought a 2019 Sea Doo Fish Pro with 25 hrs. The wear rings shows some marks/scores. Please check out the pic (see the marks) and let me know if I need to replace that wear ring ASAP or if that's normal wear.
I sprayed some WD40 on the shaft and prop...thats why the pic looks weird.
Thanks!

Attachments

• SEA DOO WERA PLATE.jpg
    SEA DOO WERA PLATE.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 24

alldodge

Staff member
Unless you just have to have that extra 1 mph speed, I wouldn't do anything

Scott06

Vice Admiral
The factory manual will give a wear limit for clearance between the ring and the impeller, but agree yours looks fine.

you will notice on holeshot especially towing a tube or skiier that it will slip more , engine revs up ski doesn’t go any where. I think i did mine around 140 hrs , so should have a bit of time

attached is a screen shot from the manual for my 2004 gti rfi le, .040” is clearance wear limit. Yours may be different but you get the idea

Attachments

• 41DA4639-9395-4C06-9932-C314BF1B45D3.png
    41DA4639-9395-4C06-9932-C314BF1B45D3.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 6

diver94

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The factory manual will give a wear limit for clearance between the ring and the impeller, but agree yours looks fine.

you will notice on holeshot especially towing a tube or skiier that it will slip more , engine revs up ski doesn’t go any where. I think i did mine around 140 hrs , so should have a bit of time

attached is a screen shot from the manual for my 2004 gti rfi le, .040” is clearance wear limit. Yours may be different but you get the idea
Good info. Thanks!!

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The wear ring doesn't look that bad. I would be more worried about the corrosion on the shaft and impeller. I have never seen one that looked that bad. (or is it something other than corrosion?)

Of course, I'm in fresh water.

diver94

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The wear ring doesn't look that bad. I would be more worried about the corrosion on the shaft and impeller. I have never seen one that looked that bad. (or is it something other than corrosion?)

Of course, I'm in fresh water.
Its corrosion but Ive seen other PWCs with similar issues. Im not sure how to fix it (if it needs fixing).
The picture makes it look worst. I will take another pic and added to the threat.
Im in salt water. Thanks!!

diver94

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its corrosion but Ive seen other PWCs with similar issues. Im not sure how to fix it (if it needs fixing).
The picture makes it look worst. I will take another pic and added to the threat.
Im in salt water. Thanks!!

Attachments

• Shaft.jpg
    Shaft.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 8