2019 NFL - Week 10

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's Thursday and time for Thursday Night Football on Fox. The game is in progress, lets check in - With 21 ticks left in the 1st half, the Raiders scored, but it being reviewed. If the call is held up, it will be 14-16 Oakland pending the PAT. it was upheld and the extra point puts the Raiders on top with 17 points to the Chargers 14.

Who's hurt and who's not? They're all hurting after 9 games. http://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries

Team with no name - He's meeting with the NFL - Kissing up, I guess.

In Pick 'Em - Homer, GA and Fishy scored 11 points to lead the week. The full standings with Homer on top by a point;

wk11.png

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
In Pick 'Em - Homer, GA and Fishy scored 11 points to lead the week.

Tied at 8th Place! Please, I Don’t deserve a Shout Out!
Muhahahahaaa!
Go Steelers!

southkogs

Staff member
redneck joe - that's so nice of you ... and VERY tempting

Unfortunately, I've got another full weekend. It's

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well if you change your mind i'll pm you my number. I've put them on FB Chiefs page, and the page I have for our tailgating part but no takers yet.

southkogs

Staff member
I hope someone grabs 'em and y'all have a great time. I got the PM, and if my world changes I may take you up on it. Thanks again Joe.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The Bills are 6-2 and are underdogs to the Browns at 2-6. Say what? No respect from the guys with the cash in Vegas. But I love it. Talk about flying under the radar, a team flying under the radar is adventagious. During the 4 Super Bowl runs in the early 90's the mantra in Buffalo was "Do you believe?" Obviously Vegas and the rest of the league doesn't, that's OK we still do. It took me years and thousands of $$ in psychiatric therapy after those 4 losses to believe again.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Learned today that Stafford is out. Broke his back or something....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The Bills are 6-2 and are underdogs to the Browns at 2-6. Say what? No respect from the guys with the cash in Vegas. But I love it. Talk about flying under the radar, a team flying under the radar is adventagious. During the 4 Super Bowl runs in the early 90's the mantra in Buffalo was "Do you believe?" Obviously Vegas and the rest of the league doesn't, that's OK we still do. It took me years and thousands of $$ in psychiatric therapy after those 4 losses to believe again.

Van Miller the WGR 550 radio was the voice of the Bills for years and he coined the phrase.

I can't sit and watch this game. I bet I haven't looked at the screen for more than a series. Buffalo deserves to lose this one. Not tha Cleveland is the better team these Bills of 2019 can't get out of their own way. Offside, illegal procedure, Landry inside the 10, oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Lots of upsets the week. Pick em looks pathetic.... lol

aspeck

Staff member
It looks like we all had horrible picks this week! Yikes!

GA_Boater

It looks like we all had horrible picks this week! Yikes!

Only 2 greens and the rest red! Saints, Bills, Chiefs and Giants bit us all in the ........................standings!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Why do I feel above average with 4 correct picks so far ... :facepalm: :lol:

GA_Boater

If you had picked the Steelers, you would be leading the week. :D

It wasn't pretty, but a W is a W.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
At least I won a few shillings taking the under on the Bills Browns game. Bet the under every time Buffalo plays and you have a better chance to win than to lose. My hand is sore from pounding this hardwood table. How can an NFL team lose when the opposition is held to under 20 freekin points, how????? See Bills/Cleveland replay, that's how. Out coached badly by rookie HC Freddy Kitchens, good on coach Freddy. Their charter won't get to 30,000 feet before the pilot makes his or her decent into Buffalo. The fans should be given the seats on the charter flight and have the team and coaches take the bus. This is the 2nd away game that has had as many Bills fans as the opposition. The Bills Mafia is alive and well. The offence is offensive at this point. I really like QB1 but he needs more time under center. We didn't see him run out of his protection today as he has in the past. Where are all his called running plays we have seen for the last 8 games? edit: I just watched some hi lights, yes he ran as designed, and ran well. Those plays must have been when I was flipping out because I couldn't watch anymore and occasionally might peek from under my blanky, I stand corrected. He will get there eventually and is improving each and every game. Of the 4 QB's taken in the 2017 draft class he is playing in the number 2 slot as far as performance goes behind the kid in Baltimore taken at 32nd in that QB draft class (old timers moment). He hasn't seen ghosts yet or says it to himself. Haaa. Darnold and Mayfield are behind him at this point after 1 and 1/2 seasons.

Better 6 and 3 than the 3 and 6 we are used to at this juncture of a season for the last 20 years. As far as a Bills friendly schedule so far yes it has been. The tough part of the Bills schedule is forth coming. The furthest they have had to travel from Western NY is Miami. More than 1/2 their games were within NY State and Foxborough is another hop, skip and a jump from Buffalo . Some teams like LA Chargers I think have logged enough miles to almost circumnavigate the planet. I admit compared to others the Bills have had it easier than most. But this is the NFL, on any given Sunday.

This mop ed is solely the opinion of the writer and certainly not the opinion of iboats.com. nor 99% of it's members.

Last edited: