2018 NFL - Week 11

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Now the fun part trying to get home. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow.

The Chief's chant started sounding like oh noooo after awhile.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
You guys got to watch a CFL game. Are those defences that bad or are the offences that good? I would love to see either team play Chicago with the "The MacBeast" playing at 100%.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
If those sacks by Clay Mathews was roughing then what were those sacks last night? I think that crew is getting a call from NY today. And they were supposed to be an All-Star crew of refs. according to the announcers.

I swear one of those fumbles by Mahones his knee was down. They never showed a replay which they always do and Witten never questioned it either. Did I see something that wasn't there?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If those sacks by Clay Mathews was roughing then what were those sacks last night? I think that crew is getting a call from NY today. And they were supposed to be an All-Star crew of refs. according to the announcers.

Mahomes was sacked once by 3 guys. They flattened him and 1 was laying on top. Made the same comment to the wife about a flag.....

They said 3 of the refs did SBs....

aspeck

Staff member
I can live with "bad" calls as long as they are consistent, and these officials were that. By the middle of the 2nd quarter you knew what their penalties were.

As for the defense ... plenty of defense, lot's of defensive scores, sacks, and big hits and plays. Both offenses showed signs of greatness and ineptness, as did both defenses. Just 2 really good teams slugging it out and 2 aggressive coaches with the play calling.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We can always sit back and pick apart many aspects of a game.

it was a great game.

sam60

Captain
We can always sit back and pick apart many aspects of a game.

it was a great game.

I haven't watched an NFL game in a long time but I'm glad that I watched that one. I did see bruceb58 in the crowd as they panned from each end zone. You're a good sport, Joe.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It was something to watch. As a defensive minded guy I wouldn't say a great game. Watching Donald wreak havoc is great defence and you can't argue with 21 D points. Samson is a beast too. My mind can be changed, a bit. When CNN leads the AM news with the game instead of POTUS tweets you know everyone paid attention to it. The game is changing, exactly where the NFL brass wants it. TD's sell tickets, I get that. Buffalo led the league in rushing a few years back and didn't make the playoffs.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I was surprised how many people were in the stadium last night. With a last minute game like that, I was actually thinking it was a possibility of a half full stadium. Add to the fact that is was on Monday and parking was going to be a huge issue it was going to be a challenge to get it filled. Every ticket as far as I could tell had to be an electronic ticket.

Was pretty amazing.

Having a huge game like that makes me glad they wont be in the mausoleum(spelling intentional) after next year. Has to be the worst stadium for football in the nation. Maybe the Bill's may be worse but I only hear that second hand.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It was a great game. Never been like one b4 and it may be a while b4 we see one agan. And Bruce can say, "I was there!".

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It was a great game. Never been like one b4 and it may be a while b4 we see one agan. And Bruce can say, "I was there!".
Was a last minute thing. My wife was actually going before I got invited. She was on the 40 yard line. I went with her brother and was near the back of the goal line in the cheap seats.

sam60

Captain
RNJ, I was pulling for your CHEFS because I'm always hungry and not much of a cook.