2013 90hp EFI 4 Stroke - no tell tale

Scott2020

Cadet
Before storage, it stopped peeing. After a new impeller (didn't help), checking the thermostat, and lots of flushing, it began working - I didn't know why. Today first start after storage, it pee'd weakly, then stopped., then wouldn't pee again. I can push weed-wacker line about 2 feet into the tell tale hole. I removed the thermostat, it looked good. I tested on the stove, and the rod extended to about 2x the cold length. I ran the engine (with muffs) with the thermostat housing left off the engine. Water trickled out the thermostat opening and it also pee'd! I figured whatever it was had cleared. I put the thermostat housing back together, tried it, and no peeing. Any thoughts folks?
Something I think is unrelated - when I put the thermostat housing back on and performed the final test that failed, Vessel View showed a temp of 100 to start and stayed at that for a minute+. I didn't believe it was staying at 100 so I turned the engine off. I turned the power back on to activate VV and it showed 156F.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Before storage, it stopped peeing. After a new impeller (didn't help), checking the thermostat, and lots of flushing, it began working - I didn't know why. Today first start after storage, it pee'd weakly, then stopped., then wouldn't pee again. I can push weed-wacker line about 2 feet into the tell tale hole. I removed the thermostat, it looked good. I tested on the stove, and the rod extended to about 2x the cold length. I ran the engine (with muffs) with the thermostat housing left off the engine. Water trickled out the thermostat opening and it also pee'd! I figured whatever it was had cleared. I put the thermostat housing back together, tried it, and no peeing. Any thoughts folks?
Something I think is unrelated - when I put the thermostat housing back on and performed the final test that failed, Vessel View showed a temp of 100 to start and stayed at that for a minute+. I didn't believe it was staying at 100 so I turned the engine off. I turned the power back on to activate VV and it showed 156F.
Check the poppit valve

Scott2020

Cadet
My s/n is 2B073411. I don't see "poppit" or "pressure relief" on the mercury EZParts diagrams. Does this engine have one?

Why would it pee normally when the thermostat assembly is not connected to the engine?