2012 Q5i Oil Drain plug

dmtalon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Do not all Q5i's have the oil drain plug? Because mine does not. I didn't think a whole lot about it until I was in Bass Pro today and talking to some guy who just bought one. Both the boat there, and the guy I was talking to's boat (2013 in store, 2012 other owner) has the second plug near the drain plug.

Is my boat missing this or are there different versions?

IMG_20130608_181058.jpg

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2012 Q5i Oil Drain plug

Mine has a metal plug (bolt-like) just to the left of the black plastic drain plug... wouldn't think they would have different versions...

BUT... most people sound like they use a pump even if they have the slow as molasses drain plug/tube.

sorry can't be of much more help

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah, that drain plug is slow. I usually open it and then hit a six pack, (of soda) and let it drain for a couple of hours or so.

dmtalon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Spoke to the dealer today (see my "towed back to ramp" thread). I had emailed them a picture a couple weeks ago about my missing brass plug. He said Tracker said not all boats have them now. He told me he would fill me in on the details. I was there today but in a huge hurry since I was supposed to be working so I will talk to him about it more when I pick the boat up.