New guy here. I acquired this boat from a friend. 2011 Tahoe Q7I drive SN# 1A270032 Engine 5.0 SN 1A630696
Boat has less than 200 hrs on it and looks new, but has been in storage in TX for over 10 years.
Noticed oil had leaked out the water intake. Dropped the lower and noticed the shaft was clean of oil but oil was sitting on top of the impeller housing. The tube seamed clean as well. That o ring on top of the housing was cracked. I plan to order a complete impeller kit and replace all that including the oil seal carrier. All oil drained from the unit was clean.
Question #1 if oil isn't leaking from the upper seals around the shaft nor from the tube where is it coming from? Is the dribble oil reservoir valve a possible culprit? ( Reservoir in the boat was empty).
Decided to remove the upper from the bell housing to inspect the shaft O rings. There was about 25ml of gear oil in the Bellows. Clean gear oil.
Question #2 Is this leaking from the drive shaft seals going in the upper? I would assume a pressure / vacuum test would confirm this?
I just need some direction if I should just completely replace all seals or could most of this seepage occur from sitting so long. No deformities noticed in the housing. It was stored with the trim up all this time.
In the meantime I plan on changing the engine oil, draining / flushing the fuel tank, and changing on board coolant.
Thanks for any advice.
Boat has less than 200 hrs on it and looks new, but has been in storage in TX for over 10 years.
Noticed oil had leaked out the water intake. Dropped the lower and noticed the shaft was clean of oil but oil was sitting on top of the impeller housing. The tube seamed clean as well. That o ring on top of the housing was cracked. I plan to order a complete impeller kit and replace all that including the oil seal carrier. All oil drained from the unit was clean.
Question #1 if oil isn't leaking from the upper seals around the shaft nor from the tube where is it coming from? Is the dribble oil reservoir valve a possible culprit? ( Reservoir in the boat was empty).
Decided to remove the upper from the bell housing to inspect the shaft O rings. There was about 25ml of gear oil in the Bellows. Clean gear oil.
Question #2 Is this leaking from the drive shaft seals going in the upper? I would assume a pressure / vacuum test would confirm this?
I just need some direction if I should just completely replace all seals or could most of this seepage occur from sitting so long. No deformities noticed in the housing. It was stored with the trim up all this time.
In the meantime I plan on changing the engine oil, draining / flushing the fuel tank, and changing on board coolant.
Thanks for any advice.