2010 etec 60 hp starting problem

Ruiny

Recruit
So I’ve got a problem with my motor.
it was working great, was out fishing with my son. Got to a spot shut it off, fished for a while and it wouldn’t start. Got towed back to duck and towed it home. The next day I went to look at it and it started right up and ran fine in the driveway. (Hooked up to the hose)
so figured it was a fluke, put it back in the water, went for a long drive and it ran great. Again stoped to fish for a bit and it wouldn’t restart.
again the next day on the hose it ran great. At that point my season was done so I put it through the winterize process and tucked her away.
But now it’s spring and I need to get it fixed.
ideas?
thanks

healey8390

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I’ve got a problem with my motor.
it was working great, was out fishing with my son. Got to a spot shut it off, fished for a while and it wouldn’t start. Got towed back to duck and towed it home. The next day I went to look at it and it started right up and ran fine in the driveway. (Hooked up to the hose)
so figured it was a fluke, put it back in the water, went for a long drive and it ran great. Again stoped to fish for a bit and it wouldn’t restart.
again the next day on the hose it ran great. At that point my season was done so I put it through the winterize process and tucked her away.
But now it’s spring and I need to get it fixed.
ideas?
thanks
When it doesn't start, is it cranking or not doing anything? If it cranks, then in the driveway (hopefully it starts then) jiggle your main harness connection. Check for corrosion on any connections/grounds etc. Since it's a newer engine it'll have a computer and an electrical fuel pump (or pumps) etc. If possible check for the "big three": fuel, spark, and timing.

spacerust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I’m having the same issue. How did you determine it was the fuel injector?