2009 Paint peeling

Knapper42

Recruit
Bought my 2009 Stinger175 boat last Oct and noticed some paint peeling on the bottom after taking it out a couple of times.
Have had the boat on the water about six times and now see the paint peeling off in large patches and not just on the bottom.

Anyone had issues with paint? Going to the dealer today. Hope they can take care of it.
Knapper

bryonthefly

Seaman
Re: 2009 Paint peeling

Bought my 2009 Stinger175 boat last Oct and noticed some paint peeling on the bottom after taking it out a couple of times.
Have had the boat on the water about six times and now see the paint peeling off in large patches and not just on the bottom.

Anyone had issues with paint? Going to the dealer today. Hope they can take care of it.
Knapper

If your dealer doesnt take care of it call Lowe directly and they will. 417-532-9101.

Wa Woody

Recruit

This seems to be a common problem with the Lowe Boats. My 2006 was peeling too. Lowe repainted it when they fixed my cavitation issues.

Woody

MWare33

Recruit

I just bought a 2010 Stinger 175, first trip out, paint started peeling off the bottom of the hull...called dealership and my salesguy was pissed! He said a lot of boats can have that problem...said he's had a few Alumacrafts have the same problem but Lowe seems to have more problems than others...He told me to use my boat for the season and when I'm ready to winterize it to contact him and bring it in so they can send it back to Lowe to have it repainted over the winter...they'll have it back to me by spring...kind of sucks, but at least I'll get a fresh paint job and free winter storage...

northofnowhere

Recruit

I have an 2009 FS185 that I bought new this year. It went in the water in May 2010 for the first time and I pulled it out last weekend (because it has a leak somewhere that won't stop) and found that 80% of the paint is missing below the water line. Was I shocked. The dealer has been great so far so I hope that continues. He told me a similar story to the other posts here. He said to use it until it has to come out in the fall and he will send it to Southern Ontario for a complete repaint that will take 3 months over the winter. He said he had a few examples of this in the 2007 model year and that all the boats come back as good as new (it should when it is only 3 months old and has 10 years of payments ahead of it).
I sure did not expect this.

BoatNoobie

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have an 2009 FS185 that I bought new this year. It went in the water in May 2010 for the first time and I pulled it out last weekend (because it has a leak somewhere that won't stop) and found that 80% of the paint is missing below the water line. Was I shocked. The dealer has been great so far so I hope that continues. He told me a similar story to the other posts here. He said to use it until it has to come out in the fall and he will send it to Southern Ontario for a complete repaint that will take 3 months over the winter. He said he had a few examples of this in the 2007 model year and that all the boats come back as good as new (it should when it is only 3 months old and has 10 years of payments ahead of it).
I sure did not expect this.

My 05 FM165 does not have paint peeling on the bottom of the hull. But I do have paint peeling in the bilge. Like the battery platform and the area right under the drain plug.

JOEMANSLOWE

Seaman Apprentice

Lowe will cover this. I had mine re-painted twice at no cost. Brought it back to Cabelas where they sent back to the factory (with the others with same problem) for a complete stripping and re-paint.
Pain in the butt. However, I basically got 1. free storage every winter 2. free winterizing 3. new paint & stickers every year.
LOWE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.........

nuffsaid

Seaman

I just got my 2008 fm 165 back from Lowe. I bought the boat used last march from Cabellas in Sidney and the boat was just like new. The motor wasn't even broken in. Paint started peeling after about 6 trips out. Cabella's said to bring the boat back at the end of fall and they would send it back to Lowe over the winter. It is a 460 mile trip for me one way to Sidney,NE so my cost in fuel and motels is over 600.00. I picked my boat up yesterday and the first thing I noticed is lack of registration numbers. The second was that I brought the boat to Cabella's with a full tank of gas that was treated with stabil. When I got it back, it had 1/4 tank. I will be talking to the service manager tomorrow, I am not real happy so far, also I told them that the plastic console had a crack in it and Lowe denied fixing it under warranty. Did anyone else that had their boat repainted have any of these issues?