2007 Tahoe Q8i - electrical at console - fuse?

AndyTahoe

Recruit
Hi Everyone. Long time follower, first time poster. My bilge pump quit. Through the course of troubleshooting, decided that it was an electrical issue. The led on the toggle wasn’t working. Breaker beneath the toggle didn’t seem tripped. Unthreaded the toggle and pulled on it to take a peak through the under console port. Two of the three spade connectors popped off. Pulled the console plate off to see what was happening. Put wires back on the toggle, tried it, led flashed then off. Thought maybe faulty circuit breaker. Pulled the power off the circuit breaker and direct to switch. Then proceeded to connect the ground and acc posts backwards. Thinking I’ve blown a fuse somewhere because now the console is dead. Power to ignition still. What fuse am I looking for? Can’t find a fuse block anywhere….

AndyTahoe

Recruit
Update. I found my fuse problem. It was a circuit breaker/fuse back at the battery. Found the reset, pushed it, power at the console. Checked the circuit breaker at the console for continuity - good, checked the switch continuity - good. Cleaned posts and connectors on CB and Switch. Connected up, powered up all good at the console. At the bilge pump I've got power at the leads to the float switch and leads for the pump.

Help! I can't seem to grasp the circuitry being used for the existing set up. I've got a Bilge pump, two wires. I've got a three wire float switch. The console toggle switch is an on/off LED. The back of the Toggle has three posts - Power, acc, Grd. Both the float and the pump are not operational.

Question: Can I replace the three wire float switch with a two wire float switch?