2007 18 Foot Larson Fish And Ski

donnyskz1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I went and looked at it today. It has a 115 yami on it. The owner stated that that the boat had none been run in over a year. I could tell by looking at it that it has not been taken care of very well. It had sat outside for its short life and the interiors is black from mildew and dirt. A couple of the seats had tears in them. I checked it out and got it running it smoked alot at first because I had flooded it. We took it out to the lake and it ran very well. I checked NADA and the low value was 12,000 and the high was 15,000 The owner is asking 12000 for the boat. Does anybody think that he is asking to much. I was thinking about offering him 10,000 because the interior is in such bad shape. I am not to concerned about the transom or stingers because this boat is supposed to be all composite.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Re: 2007 18 Foot Larson Fish And Ski

Funny I had came across the same situation with an 05 Sea Ray when shopping last year. It had 100 hours on it and it was in amazingly bad shape. Of course that wasn't the story on the phone. You would have to set out to hit everything you saw and leave it out in the elements for its short life to get that bad. Even the hull was beat up and the rub rail was damaged in every possible spot. Apparently he borrowed the boat out to all sorts of people and let them trash it. I told the guy I wasn't interested due to its condition and I am pretty sure he would have taken just about any offer I would have given him. He also did zero maintenance to the motor. He asked me for an offer and I wasn't into buying someone elses junk for any amount of money. If you are looking for a little bit of a project, I would low ball him lower than 10k. You can't give a Larson away around here and the F&S is even less desirable in my experience which should bode well for you. Certain brands just sit and sit and it seems Larson is one of them I have seen languish for various reasons. The caviat here is that that is an outboard and there are very few of those around on new runabouts again in my area. Plus NADA is hardly credible.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Funny I had came across the same situation with an 05 Sea Ray when shopping last year. It had 100 hours on it and it was in amazingly bad shape. Of course that wasn't the story on the phone. You would have to set out to hit everything you saw and leave it out in the elements for its short life to get that bad. Even the hull was beat up and the rub rail was damaged in every possible spot. Apparently he borrowed the boat out to all sorts of people and let them trash it. I told the guy I wasn't interested due to its condition and I am pretty sure he would have taken just about any offer I would have given him. He also did zero maintenance to the motor. He asked me for an offer and I wasn't into buying someone elses junk for any amount of money. If you are looking for a little bit of a project, I would low ball him lower than 10k. You can't give a Larson away around here and the F&S is even less desirable in my experience which should bode well for you. Certain brands just sit and sit and it seems Larson is one of them I have seen languish for various reasons. The caviat here is that that is an outboard and there are very few of those around on new runabouts again in my area. Plus NADA is hardly credible.

:D Larson boat's are one of the foundation's of the boating ind....Calm down dude...;)

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

In this economy the last reference I would use to judge the price of a boat, car, truck, or any other item they price would be NADA. They have simply lost touch with the real world. Check your local classifieds, E-bay, Craigs List, and do many on-line searches of marine dealers for used boats in your area or within several hundred miles. Throw out the top and bottom prices and you will end up with a reasonable average price for the boat. You then deduct for the damage. Read the cover of an NADA book and note that it says "Guide" and rarely reflects "regional" pricing which can vary greatly.

jkust

Rear Admiral

:D Larson boat's are one of the foundation's of the boating ind....Calm down dude...;)

I agree, I am in Minnesota the home of Larson after all. I am just calling it as I see it locally. I would gladly accept one of those give-away Larsons.

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 2007 Larson and I could not be happier. It performs and handles more than exceptional. Although I would not be offering that fellow 10,000 for the way it's sitting. :D