2006 Tahoe Q6 Dead at ignition switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Long story short. Took boat out of storage, started it up and all seemed fine. I planned on rebuilding the carb I did so. Put the carb back on and absolutely nothing happening with ignition switch.. No beep no crank nothing. Battery shows 12.4 volts. All guages are dead. The only thing working is the horn. Trim tilt also working fine. All fuses in panel are checked good. Does anyone know where to find wiring diagrams for tahoe boats? Thanks in advance.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you will never find wiring schematics at the boat level. they do not exist

if you have a mercruiser, look up the mercruiser schematic. if you have a volvo, look up the volvo schematic

first, get a multi meter and a test light

second, clean all your connections from the battery to the motor and back

third, check the big circuit breaker at the motor

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the response. I do have the mercruiser manual, but it`s not specific to Tahoe. I didn`t touch anything electrical when removing my carb and reinstalling. I`ve never had an electrical problem on this boat. Since all gages are dead I was thinking coincidentally something died behind the dash.

alldodge

Staff member
Check the 20 amp ignition fuse. This fuse feeds the key switch and is a red/purple wire

The carb should have a electric choke. The electric choke is feed by a purple wire and this wire if grounded will blow the 20 amp fuse/breaker what key is turned ON

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the info. It rained all day today but I will report once I find these fuses. Probably Monday. Thanks

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for all the replies. I found the main 20 amp fuse blown and replaced it. Thanks.

markgee

Recruit
Where was the fuse located? I'm having the same issue but can't find a 20A ignition fuse. Getting power at the breaker, but nothing when turning the key. Mine is a 5.0 MPI, so I'm not sure if the wiring is identical .

Status
Not open for further replies.