2006 Seadoo GTI 130 loud engine

chacha670

Recruit
Just had our 2006 Seadoo tuned-up. It's running great but it sounds so loud. Its annoying. Anyone have any idea's why.

alldodge

Staff member
Need more info to get an idea of what your discussing

Is it new to you Doo, or just louder sound?

chacha670

Recruit
Need more info to get an idea of what your discussing

Is it new to you Doo, or just louder sound?
We've bought this SeaDoo 3 years ago. It had 300 plus hours on it. It has ran like a champ except end of last year it started missing. Took it in two weeks ago for tune-up. Ran fine last week. We took it out yesterday 5/13 at an idle it sounds normal, once we accelerate the sound gets louder. It sound like its at high RPMs but its not. That's all I can add. We have no mechanical experience. :(

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I’d be looking at the pump/impeller/wear ring and the coupler.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Measure the impeller to wear ring gap and check the specs against the factory service manual

stresspoint

Ensign
seapoos have a plastic ware ring ,if you have been running in shallow water where it s sandy or sea shells it will ware the plastic out very quickly .if you have got sea shells or debris in the feed hose it will clog it up and make the exhaust loud because the engine has minimal water goin in.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Seadoo clearance on wear ring is 1 mm between impeller and wear ring

chacha670

Recruit
worn jet pump ware ring .
clogged up exhaust water inlet hose.
We took it in. The guy is looking at it. He thinks it might be the pump. I hope not since they are pricey. It ran great full power just a constant loud reeving sound.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
We had a similar problem. Turned out the driveshaft was bent from ingested debris. The dealer said it was OK. Eventually, the vibration tore the head bolts and the boat sank. The new dealer measured the runout of the shaft and replaced it. NO problems after that. (and thousands later)