2006 MFS25B Tohatsu

James R

Commander
I can make the tilt trim go down but not up. The relays are activating and I can get +12volts at both the motor wires, separately by using the switches. can run the pump up and down powering directly from the battery. Initially thought bad relay but no change with a new relay. This motor could have been messed with so the wiring at the relays may be incorrect. The two wire motor needs to have the polarities switched to change direction this I know. Does anyone have the wiring schematic for this one or can advise me.

pvanv

Admiral
Of course it's in the Factory service manual. Does the polarity change as it should?

James R

Commander
Thanks for your response pvanv. I think I have figured it out. The switching relies on NC and NO contacts. The motor wires being connected to the Com' contacts of the relays. The NC contacts connected to the ground or neg side of the battery supply and the NO contacts connected to the pos' side of the battery. When one relay is switched one side of the motor gets + power and the other side of the motor goes to the - power via the NC contact of the other relay. I changed out the wrong relay. I should have figured this out sooner. Just getting old I reckon.
Thanks again.