FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
where the heck is it? nothing in the manual about it? just how to change the oil. Is it something that i even want to tackle or let a dealer do it? Also anybody know what size it takes? you would think all this stuff would be in manual
According to my shop manual, it's on the same side as the dip stick, just about underneath it, on the bottom of the engine, about where the bottom of the dipstick would be. I'm just trying to get mine going for the year too, just bought an old one last Jan. I'm still not smart enough to get the water mouth attached.
I think this is a honda engineers better idea to make money for their service departments. #9 right down at the bottom says it's an oil filter, but the question is how to get to it. I'm leaving mine at least for now. O and the 7.5, 8, 9.9, and 10 hp are all the same in my shop manual dated 2012 from Honda motor co. I can't seem to scan the page any better. Had to get my wife to do this.
I'm figuring I'll just not change until it gives me problems, or someone smarter than me responds. Course I just purchased mine in either Dec or Jan and haven't had time to see which of my figures are good and bad yet with it.