2006 90hp johnson fuel issue?

gahunter706

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Exactly ---one carburetor feeds only one cylinder.
Thanks. Do you know if the model number for the motor is located anywhere besides the stickers on the mounting bracket? Those are faded and I cant seem to find it anywhere else.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post a picture of the cowling.---And those motors were essentially exactly the same for a number of years.--Getting parts should not be a problem.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
There maybe a welch plug on the top of the motor, a round silver disc, that has the model number on it. Too get parts you can just go to many of the 2-stroke johnson or evinrude from the same year range. You could use J90PLSDM as a moldel number for parts purposes for example, (I am pretty sure).

gahunter706

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well I got the carbs off and two bowls have big cracks and the other two have small cracks starting. All 4 are warped and don't seem to be sealing good against the upper carb, so I guess I need 4 new bowls and new gaskets?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
And make sure you find a torque value for those screws.--Hint---It is not very much and most folks overtighten them.-That results in what you have found.

gahunter706

Petty Officer 3rd Class
And make sure you find a torque value for those screws.--Hint---It is not very much and most folks overtighten them.-That results in what you have found.
Yeah I think I read that it was 10 in lbs. They were way tighter than that when I pulled them off.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Torque is 18-24 in lbs and there is a torque sequence to keep bowls from warping....

gahunter706

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I got the carbs rebuilt, 4 new bowls and all new gaskets. Took it to the lake today and it is still misfiring. I think next I am going to follow the cdi troubleshooting guide on testing the ignition system. Any tips or things I should look for when doing this?