2005 Trophy Pro 2052 gauge, panel, stereo ideas...

MooseJab

Recruit
Looking for suggestions as I plan some winter projects on my new-to-me Trophy. As per the heading, it is a 2005 Trophy Pro 2052 Hardtop with Mercruiser 4.3MPI and Alpha One V2 outdrive.

The boat is fairly well equipped but, a little surprising to me, has never had a sound system. No speakers installed. I have copies of the Owners Manual Supplement with wiring diagrams showing location of speaker and stereo wiring points. There is a large forward instrument box on the hard top. This currently houses only the VHF radio. There is a wiring block in the compartment and wiring- presumably unused pre-wire connections- entering from the tubes on either side.

The switch panel has only 2 gauges (speedo/fuel and tach/oil/temp). The dash above the switch panel has only a flush-mounted Raymarine Axiom 9" MFD.

The easiest solution is to just bring a Bluetooth speaker aboard and play music off my phone. But that just wouldn't be any fun. So, for anyone who has been around this model....

Where would you put the stereo receiver?
- in the original pre-wire location, which I think is just to port near the cuddy window?
- in the hard top? Power would be easy, but running speaker wire thru the tubes could be harder
- in the switch panel? Looks like a PIA to get off and work on.
- in the dash? Is this also accessed by removing the switch panel, or is there access in the cuddy?

Similar questions with speakers...
- are the speaker prewire points easy to find in the interior cockpit deckplates?
- how easy- or diificult- is it to run speaker wire thru the hardtop frame tubes into the forward compartment?

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions................ JB

Nauta-Lust

Recruit
Looking for suggestions as I plan some winter projects on my new-to-me Trophy. As per the heading, it is a 2005 Trophy Pro 2052 Hardtop with Mercruiser 4.3MPI and Alpha One V2 outdrive.

The boat is fairly well equipped but, a little surprising to me, has never had a sound system. No speakers installed. I have copies of the Owners Manual Supplement with wiring diagrams showing location of speaker and stereo wiring points. There is a large forward instrument box on the hard top. This currently houses only the VHF radio. There is a wiring block in the compartment and wiring- presumably unused pre-wire connections- entering from the tubes on either side.

The switch panel has only 2 gauges (speedo/fuel and tach/oil/temp). The dash above the switch panel has only a flush-mounted Raymarine Axiom 9" MFD.

The easiest solution is to just bring a Bluetooth speaker aboard and play music off my phone. But that just wouldn't be any fun. So, for anyone who has been around this model....

- in the original pre-wire location, which I think is just to port near the cuddy window?
- in the hard top? Power would be easy, but running speaker wire thru the tubes could be harder
- in the dash? Is this also accessed by removing the switch panel, or is there access in the cuddy?

- are the speaker prewire points easy to find in the interior cockpit deckplates?
- how easy- or diificult- is it to run speaker wire thru the hardtop frame tubes into the forward compartment?

mine is in the cuddy starboard side just below access panel for upper wiring