FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2001 Q3 s/f and i put my hummingbird transducer in the well just port and infront of the bilge drain plug.Only at high speeds (50+)and in choppy water does it give false or bad readings. Hope this helps and also watch what you use to glue the trans down with. <br /> DT1
madera,<br /> I have the Q3 o/b with a 150 EFI MERC,before I glued down the transducer (with J-B Weld)put enough water in the bilge to cover the bottom of the transducer.A peace of wood was used to hold the unit in place and I drove around till I found the best location before it was epoxyed . Then I marked the area and dried it out and let the epoxy set over night.Make sure you put epoxy on both the trans and boat and mesh them to get ALL the air out.hope this helps. DT1