2005 searay 175 floor question

Finz123

Cadet
I recently not the boat and it had mice in it, I got it all cleaned up for the most part. I noticed there is a carpeted wood "shelf" under the dash above where your feet go. I would like to remove this shelf top and peek in to see if I need to clean up under this. I don't see any screws or bolts to remove it. Would it just be glued into place?

Attachments

• 20240606_212916.jpg
    20240606_212916.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Possibly glued but most likely screwed

Take a phillips head and gently move it through the pile of the carpeting near the edges to feel for the screw heads. Often times the carpet pile is enough to cover the screw heads to hide them. Typical sea ray build process

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Use a good strong magnet. Most of the screws are slightly magnetic

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Most likely thru the carpet. Boats are slapped together like RVs. Figure the easiest, cheapest, and fastest way to slap it together..... That is how it went together

Finz123

Cadet
Most likely thru the carpet. Boats are slapped together like RVs. Figure the easiest, cheapest, and fastest way to slap it together..... That is how it went together
There are no visible screws on the top side of that shelf, but I will double check with a magnet

Scott Danforth

Staff member
If they are there, they will be buried in the carpet pile

Not readily visible

Scott06

Admiral
I recently not the boat and it had mice in it, I got it all cleaned up for the most part. I noticed there is a carpeted wood "shelf" under the dash above where your feet go. I would like to remove this shelf top and peek in to see if I need to clean up under this. I don't see any screws or bolts to remove it. Would it just be glued into place?
pull up your front seat cushions first on my 04 sea ray what you are looking at is the back of the storage compartment under the bow seats