2005 regal commodore 2750 stringer/transom material?

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Got a buddy with the above boat. Apparently it started leaking. He's not sure where it's leaking from, but he does not think it's coming from bellows. Thinks it might be around drain plug. I'm thinking this sounds like a rotten transom, but am hoping for his sake that it and stringers are composite. Anyone know if that's the case? If it is rot around the drain, any other options short of pulling his twins and doing major transom repair?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Regal boats have a lifetime hull warranty.Extremely unlikely it has anything to do with hull.Why does your buddy think it is not coming from bellows or hose???

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Regal boats have a lifetime hull warranty.Extremely unlikely it has anything to do with hull.Why does your buddy think it is not coming from bellows or hose???
Lifetime hull warranty? That's ridiculous. I'm just going off what he says. Certainty bellows would be best case. Any link for the warranty?

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Got a buddy with the above boat. Apparently it started leaking. He's not sure where it's leaking from, but he does not think it's coming from bellows. Thinks it might be around drain plug. I'm thinking this sounds like a rotten transom, but am hoping for his sake that it and stringers are composite. Anyone know if that's the case? If it is rot around the drain, any other options short of pulling his twins and doing major transom repair?
it could be around the drain plug and not have anything to do with rot. On my sea ray the fitting that the plug screws into is only a brass tube 3/4" long held on with three 1" screws. The screws were bent and loose from tightening the plug... it came right out the wood stops above the plug fitting. Just got new screws and 5200 good to go.

gr8knurlin

Seaman Apprentice
Lifetime hull warranty? That's ridiculous. I'm just going off what he says. Certainty bellows would be best case. Any link for the warranty?
Should be a sticker right on the window of the boat that says "Regal Lifetime Hull Warranty" with contact info.... My 2002 Regal 2650 LSC had the sticker in the corner of the window with a 1-800 # to call for warranty concerns