2005 malibu with 5.7 indmar manifold issue

2004 searay

Cadet
i have to replace the original manifolds and elbow on this boat and the original manifolds are not available or are cost prohibitive. the manifolds it has on it are 531051 and the replacements are 531027 but are about an inch closer to the head which interferes with the dipstick tube. or that is what i am reading. has anyone come across this issue in the past? the 531027 cross to the barr chv-1-83. i have them and may just go to the boat and remove the old ones and see how bad this interferes if any.

Bondo

Staff member
i have to replace the original manifolds and elbow on this boat and the original manifolds are not available or are cost prohibitive. the manifolds it has on it are 531051 and the replacements are 531027 but are about an inch closer to the head which interferes with the dipstick tube. or that is what i am reading. has anyone come across this issue in the past? the 531027 cross to the barr chv-1-83. i have them and may just go to the boat and remove the old ones and see how bad this interferes if any.
Ayuh,..... Dipstick tubes are usually adjustable, if yer careful, bendin' it in, out out, as necessary,....
Just don't crimp it,.....