2005 Duracraft

Baby John

Cadet
Looking for some literature, or possibly a sales brochure or something that might help me precisely nail down what model boat we have. I bought it as a 2004 Duracraft with a 2005 Mercury 90 Saltwater Outboard. I downloaded a Hull ID Decoder and it has the boat as a 2005 model year.

There are no labels or boat models or anything on the boat except for the word "duracraft".

When googling "2005 duracraft" I find a dozen different models but none that look precisely like ours. I think perhaps the first owner of the boat requested some custom work be done to the boat.

The length bow to stern is 17'-4". The width at the beam is 88". It's a tunnel hull with a center console and the console is pushed to the front as far as it will go...right against the front deck.

It has a really tall transom...I think 28". And I'm pretty sure that's from the top of the tunnel. And there are curved pieces that make the transition from the flat rear deck to the top of the transom.

It's rated for a 115 HP Motor

I tried to upload pics with no success. Must be doing it incorrectly.

Maclin

Admiral
Welcome Aboard!

You need to get 3 posts in before allowed to upload pics.

Did you get a title or current registration with it? Either of those should nail down the Hull ID, which has the year and exact model encoded.

Baby John

Cadet
No title...just a bill of sale. The Hull ID is intact but the decoder I used doesn't tell the boat model...only that it's a duracraft and that it was built in July of 2004 for the 2005 model year. Doesn't provide a model number.

Baby John

Cadet
I think maybe it's a Duracraft 18 IP Bass and Bay. The article I read about the Bass and Bay said that it was a combination of a bass boat and a bay boat, and also that the IP stands for Isosceles Pad which I think perhaps is the "tunnel hull" I'm seeing. Maybe...designed to provide stern lift which I think allows for shallower running boat and faster speed.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
No title...just a bill of sale. .

In many states it would be the "Yard Ornament" model. very few states accept only a BOS. most require the title/registration to be signed.

Baby John

Cadet
In many states it would be the "Yard Ornament" model. very few states accept only a BOS. most require the title/registration to be signed.

Not sure what this means but...

I applied for and received a title today on the boat and the motor and there was nothing on the title indicating boat model.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
most boats purchased without title can not be titled, as many states require a title (much more than a bill of sale). so they become yard ornaments.

for duracraft, there will be a 4 digit number. this corresponds to the model

as for the specific duracraft model or other information, have you tried contacting duracraft directly? https://www.duracraftboats.com/

briangcc

Commander
For some makes/models the registration IS the title as it's transferable. Same applies to trailers...at least in NY. Other times, a title is separate and used to obtain the registration....again in NY. Depends on how new/old it is and size/weight.

But generally speaking Scott is correct...without proper paperwork about the only good thing the boat is is a yard planter (place it on the ground and let the admiral sink some flowers/shrubs in it).

**My admiral has already advised me anything without paperwork is someone else's project...she works for the DMV and knows what's involved to get a title when it's missing.

Baby John

Cadet
Thanks fellas, but I understand all the rules of registration and titling...maybe not in New York but in Mississippi, the state I reside, I've got that. Boat's fully registered and even thought it's not a requirement it is now also titled.

Just trying to find the model of the boat so I can do some research. I even understand the hull ID information. None of the information I'm looking for is included in that ID number.

No big deal. I thought perhaps I'd stumble on someone who had some of the old literature...an old brochure or something.

Baby John

Cadet
Have you contacted DURACRAFT? They may be able to send you all kinds of stuff.

:welcome:

Yep...unfortunately the original Duracraft company who operated in Monticello Ar sold out to a company in Delhi Louisiana in 1983...they built Duracraft boats there until just a couple years ago. The original Duracraft company in Monticello made War Eagle boats during that time. Still do actually. Then a couple years ago they bought their company back from the group in Louisiana so they're not making Duracraft boats in Arkansas again. And...they have no literature from the boats made in Louisiana and the company in Louisiana is no longer in business.

Not a big deal. It's just a boat I guess. It is what it is.

Thanks for the help thought.

Baby John

Cadet
I figured out what the boat model is. It was on the Yellow capacity tag inside the boat. Should have looked there first.

It's a 760 RRTC. I actually found a picture of one just like it on a website called "boats in south Africa". The website claims to host specs on as many boats as possible just as a source for the internet. They say the boat was rated for a 115 Jet which corresponds to the HP rating on the yellow tag. And I think might explain the really tall transom and the tunnel hull. Still wish I had a brochure for it that might tell me a little about what the boat was marketed for. Whether it was for rocky rivers, or marsh fishing, or what.