FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 2004 F115 was having voltmeter issues, so <br />I did my research and am replacing the rectifier/regulator. The old rec/reg has a diode that looks burned out. Is there something that is causing this or is the rec/reg itself bad?
Warranty is not a factor here, I'm just trying to troubleshoot. By loose cable connect's do you mean to the battery, because the ground to the motor is solid.
I've checked them as time goes by, and all connects have been solid. I am beginning to think I got a bad rec/reg part. The loads I've run have never exceeded power trim in normal operation.