2004 suntracker fishing barge...fuel tank tunnel crooked?

b8man0674

Cadet
hello everyone...i recently purchased this boat and had noticed something odd. while running on the water i noticed a small rooster tail coming out of the starboard side of the motor bracket...i thought something was dragging from the boat...upon inspection i found that the tunnel the fuel tank is mounted in appears to be **** eyed...i measured the front of the tunnel between the toons and it is one inch closer to the port toon...i am guessing this is causing my tail seeming how the water would be running against that angle...is this normal...or do i have a factory goof up...also have 120 on this boat...its 21 ft...top speed is 24 by gps....seems kind of slow or is it just that im used to my deckboat...this same motor ran it about 46...thx

Nightfisher-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2004 suntracker fishing barge...fuel tank tunnel crooked?

By tunnel do you mean transom?

b8man0674

Cadet

By tunnel do you mean transom?

yes i am talking about the chamber under the boat which houses the 24 gallon fuel cell, this is also the piece that the motor hangs on...

Treker57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep that the transom, you say that it is off center? Unless someone shifted it from one side to the other then it came from the factory that way. I can't imagine that they would mess up that bad at the factory. Does it look like someone has drilled new holes to move it? Pic's would be helpfull

b8man0674

Cadet

thanks trekker....i cannot see any other holes...i thought it was strange myself that it could be messed up...i will try to get pics on but i am new to this place and not sure exactly how...it is off an inch from center at the front of the transom...when you look under the boat from the bow it looks like it is worse but measuring it and its only an inch...it may be the back is off more but i haven't had a chance to measure that yet...

Treker57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try to post a picture if possible, the back of it maybe worst if it looks that bad from the bow, only a measuring tape will tell