2003 Trophy CC---Wood Free?

fpdiver

Seaman Apprentice
I am looking for a used boat to keep for the next 10-15 years. (when the kids start moving out and I can afford something more) I have been trying to determine if a 2003 has a wood-free construction. This is a little more important as the boat will be moored.

Anyone know if Trophy was woodfree in 2003?

Anyone know of any sure fire ways to make sure kids move out at or before age 21?

Thanks for your help.

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2003 Trophy CC---Wood Free?

Don't know about the wood free but a friend of mine went to florida for a month or two. When he came back, his parents no longer lived at where he left them.. They moved and sold the house why he was gone... :)

rob711

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a 2005 1802 w/a...and i got wood!!!

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I believe the only wood on the 2002 and up is the transom. I don't remember the type of wood Trophy uses but I think it is a very high grade that should not rot.

Neverhome

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am looking for a used boat to keep for the next 10-15 years. (when the kids start moving out and I can afford something more) I have been trying to determine if a 2003 has a wood-free construction. This is a little more important as the boat will be moored.

Anyone know if Trophy was woodfree in 2003?

Anyone know of any sure fire ways to make sure kids move out at or before age 21?

Thanks for your help.

I was inquiring about my transom on my 2302 and got this info. 2003 must be the same.

Hello Frank :

I misunderstood your original request. I was of the impression you wanted to know what material was involved in the hull's construction. The transom is made up of the outer fiberglass hull with Boat Panel, a specially manufactured plywood for boat contruction, sandwiched in layers of fiberglass. The same Boat Panel plywood is used to build the box stringer system which is structurally tied to the transom by means of wood and fiberglass stiffening. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Sincerely,

Ross Robinson
US Marine Customer Service

Dear Mr. Gentile:

We have received your forwarded e-mail and are pleased to share with you the construction features of our 2004 Trophy. Attached to this e-mail is the Trophy story. It is a summary from our 2004 Trophy Product Guide. You may want to check out our on-line parts catalog as there is more information of the site regarding Trophy than simply parts catalogs. You can access, download or print out replacement owner's manual supplements and other valuable information about Trophy boats and their components. The site is www.trophyboatparts.com. Feel free to let us know if you are seeking any further information.

Sincerely,

Ross Robinson
US Marine Customer Service

Hope this is a help