2003 Crestliner 2485 lsi

hellion68

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
14
My family just picked up a 2003 Crestliner with a 4.3 merc mpi 1:62 ratio alpha 1 drive.
Question is, the prop hub was spun first trip out, so im going to replace it. It has a 14.25 x 19 michigan prop on it, and the boat was travling at 24 mph top speed with 5 adults 2 kids and full of fuel and gear. So what would you recomend to replace it with?
I am thinking a 15 x 17 or so, the propfinder you all have posted on here says to go with a 15 x 15, seems small to me. Without knowing what the actual rpm was im sort of lost here. :facepalm: please help... :rolleyes:
Also what affect if any would a whale tail have on this kind of boat?
 

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
1,036
Re: 2003 Crestliner 2485 lsi

You really need to know what rpm the motor is turning, but the 15 X15 seems about right to me. I have a 1998 Crestliner 2485 lsi with a 115 yamaha 2 stroke on it and I am running a 13x13 four bladed prop. With two people and a 60 lb dog and average gear I can get 31mph GPS on smooth water at 5500 rpm with newly cleaned pontoons. I usually cruise at around 3500 rpm which gets me 18 to 20 mph with four or so people on board.
 

hellion68

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
14
Re: 2003 Crestliner 2485 lsi

I picked up a 4 blade 14.25 x 19 solus rubex prop and a se sport 300 hydrafoil, will let you all know what happens. running the boat tomorrow fully loaded with 6 adults and four kids! leving the foil off till we run it with this prop to see if there is a difference.
 

hellion68

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
14
Re: 2003 Crestliner 2485 lsi

2 adults and 2 kids with light gear, 32 top speed with 3200 rpms no foil installed yet, definitely have some room to play with. I figure the next prop will be a 15 x 15 roughly. Ill let you know if the foil changes anything. Still had some slight cavitation and I am hoping the foil fixes all of that.
 

hellion68

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
14
Re: 2003 Crestliner 2485 lsi

Foil helped with ventalation on turns and definitly helped it cruise at a slower speed without falling off of plane. Im running a 16 x 15 SS prop now, boat runs at 4100 rpms at 34 mph on GPS, may still go down in pitch a little bit. Running with a big load before would run about 24 and now she runs at 32 fully loaded with 5 adults and 2 kids.
 
Top