2001 yammy 4 stroke F50 wont start

alotto

Cadet
went out to use my boat today and it would not start.It is a yammy F50 4 stroke.Pulled the plugs and they were wet. They were the original plugs so I replaced them.Still no start. Not even a wimper. Strange because it ran 3 weeks ago. Tried to check for spark but couldn't find a good ground.The battery is now being charged. It seemed to turn the starter pretty good but it also is original. Ran it down while trouble shooting.I would appreciate some advice before I call a tech to the house.Thanks Alotto

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2001 yammy 4 stroke F50 wont start

suck squeeze bang and blow. test spark,test compression check for clean fuel in the bowls and make sure the exhaust is clear. if fuel,compression ,spark and exhaust are all presant at the proper time it purrs.<br /> but you will need a manual and some basic test equipment.

alotto

Cadet
Re: 2001 yammy 4 stroke F50 wont start

Hi Rodbolt, thanks for the comeback. I found the cause of my starting problem. It was the KILL SWITCH connection which somehow got pulled off. For all you folks whose motors won't start-------check your kill switch connection before you do anything else.This will save you a lot of work.Alotto