2001 Honda bf130a

Clemson021

Recruit
New to the forum. I am seeking help. Thanks in advance. My motor has been having a problem surging at high rpms. Runs perfect at low rpms. Sometimes trimming the motor up or down triggers the surging. I have done the following:

Replaced all fuel filters and fuel lines, VST, High pressure fuel pump. (Doesn’t seem to be a fuel problem at this time). There is a also NO water in the fuel.

Replaced impeller
Replaced thermostat

Tell tale pressure is very strong. Every once in a while the beeping alarm will sound right after take off. Once I cut motor off and back on it goes away. I originally found the problem last summer while I trimmed my motor up. At that the point the motor starting surging as if it was going into RPM reduction... but no alarm. I did find a little water leak it what looks to be the head gasket. It drips into the cowling. I do not have any water in the oil. I’m starting to think I might have a blown head gasket. Can someone please help me diagnose the issue? Maybe some test I could run to help. Again.. thanks in advance.

pvanv

Admiral
If you get water in a cylinder, it will steam clean that plug. Check the plugs if you think you could have a head gasket leaking water.