2001 evinrude 150 hp blowing fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadestoud

Recruit
I have a 2001 evinrude 150 ficht. When i turn the key it keeps blowing the 10 amp fuse that is by itself that the mechanic told me "Tied everything together." I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before i took it in.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
hope this helps..and btw which specific fuse is blowing ??

on the ETEC version ex: 2004-2005 and up the main 10 amp blowing fuse syndrome is frequently and unfortunately a result of an EMM failure,

that said the best thing to do is probably to scrutize the wire diagram and follow the distribution of B+ after it leaves the dist. panel . The inbound B+ from the solenoid is fused for 10 amps goes right back out to the key so at KEY ON any def. accessory coud blow that fuse ! the same power is also shared with the EMM on R/pu via J2
(see disconnect test below !! )
1700543405121.png

in FICHT ...

in the 2002.... version the B+ power input on the solenoid is directly sent the power dist panel "D" input for misc " distribution" incl. a start relay feed with a tap branching off to the EMM.
another unfused B+ goes the the start relay also (see diagram)
1700542843577.png

one test done on ETECS is to disconnect the EMM J2 to see if the fuse stops blowing. if it does stop blowing the EMM is suspect.

the link above provides access and info on the diagram for the 2002.... FICHT 40-250hp which is likely identical to the 2001 . just download and print locally .

jmho

Last edited:

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
btw this...was a 15 year old post and should not be revived.... best to start a fresh topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.