FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I will most certainly be going back through the carb before I back on the motor. I will be tearing down and boiling it in lemon juice and water like I have done with motorcycle carbs to make sure it is as clean as possible. Then install a new carb kit.
I was considering a junk yard motor but around here the few that are around they want 12 to 1500. For that price I will just go with a marine long block for the extra few hundred.
Looks like I will be using a 4.3 engine from a salvage yard. Been finding them online for between 6 and 800 including shipping. I will go through the motor after it arrives since I will have to replace the head gaskets anyway. Not that hard to remove the oil pan and check the bearing and clearances while it is on the engine stand.
I am found a few used engines for a decent price for about $600. Should I stay in the 2000 to 02 range. Would it be better to get one from a Silverado or the s-10 or does it matter?