2001 150 XR6 missing on even cylinders only

JeepinGunGuy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
85
I have a real head scratcher with this new to me motor. Only the left or even 2,4,6 cylinders are misfiring intermittently. I performed the ohm and continuity test on all the CDM modules even though they can't cause issues on only one side of the motor. I just can't see anything in the diagnostic information that can cause what I'm seeing. Any tech's come across this?
 

JeepinGunGuy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
85
I did some more digging last night and found that I have spark to all 6 plugs while running, however I can unplug # 2,4, and 6 CDM with no change in rpm or how it sounds while idling. If I unplug any of the odd side 1,3, or 5 and there is a significant drop in rpm if it doesn't just die. I performed a compression test, all cylinders but #6 have 125 psi #6 has 126 psi, spec is 110- 135 no more than 15 psi variance between cylinders, so about as good as it gets there. I swapped all the CDM's with no change. I'm at my wits end with this thing, about ready to pitch it overboard. Anybody have a clue what might be going on?
 

Dukedog

Captain
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
3,561
might wanna take a look at tha icm..... it controls pretty much everything.

this pretty much indicates trigger and/or icm module......
"I swapped all the CDM's with no change."
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: muc
Top