2001 115 ficht

Billnicole

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I noticed after the motor was tillted up for a couple days that there was a oil spot on my deck. I removed the cowl and the cover from the throttle butterflys and found it comming from the left side both top and bottom. the right side is dry. The motor runs great and I have had no problems with it. Can anyone tell me why the is oil comming out of there?<br /><br />Thanks Bill :p

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2001 115 ficht

Bill ,that's normal, my 150hp Ficht does the same thing, just residual 2 stroke that drips back out due to gravity.

Billnicole

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So what your saying is its nothing to worry about I just have to deal with having an oil spot on my deck.

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah pretty much. You can put something down to catch it but pretty much it's gonna leak if the engine is left up a lot. Mine is in the water so it always leaks as the engine is always up. What kind of oil are you using, you should really be using the J/E oil specified for the Ficht, I think it's XD-50, but they just changed it. I think the XD-100 is the full synthetic so that would work too, but XD-50 is all you need for it. It will probably burn a little better in this motor than if you are using regular TC-W3. I used to use reg, but after reading about the higher ring land temps in the Ficht engines I switched to the Ram oil, smoked a little less and helped the oil drip problem a little too.

Yes, My Ficht RAM 150 (2001) does drip oil back into the air silencer from the throttle body.<br />Some seeps past the rubber connectors and collects in the lower engine covers.<br />Cylinders 1,3,5 drip the most at tilt.<br />Does this have anything to do with the recall for over oiling the later DI engines had?<br />Anybody know if all Ficht /DI engines overoil on these cylilnders.<br />It is really not a problem but I would like not to clean up the dripping from time to time.

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer

put a oil zorb in bottom of cowling in front of air silencer...