2000 VIP VIVA worth the Money?

Danny C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have recently been negotiating with the man selling this boat. I was willing to go $4000 He would only come down to $4300 from $4500. The boat is winterized, but he said he would run it for me and rewinterize it if I want... I am very hesitant to buy a boat without getting it on the water. This price is pretty much in line with the NADA value, but seems much better than any other deal I've seen recently. (and my hobby for the last 10 years has been looking at boats on craigslist.) Most boats in this price range are around 10 yrs older. This will be my first boat and I am trying to get a good deal and avoid buying a lemon. it is only a 3.0, but that should be ok for my first boat. I'm kind of stuck on the $4000 but I would hate to miss out on a good deal for $300. what do you guys think?

crackerjack

Seaman
Re: 2000 VIP VIVA worth the Money?

Seems like a good deal, low hours, good cond. I dunno what NADA is for that boat, but I'd hate to get less than that for my '99 VIP viva 3.0. Bought it in the winter of 2004 without a test drive and did okay, but you don't really know what you're buying till you get it wet.