2000 Princecraft 176 updates

dhwall

Recruit
I recently got this 2000 Princecraft 176 with 17.5' aluminum hull and original 90HP Johnson 2-stroke. I haven't found many Princecraft photos online, so I'll try post some for reference for others.
IMG_0261-cropped.jpg IMG_0288-interior-consoles.jpg IMG_0304-rear-starboard.jpg IMG_0309-sidewall.jpg
Previous owner seemed to maintain the boat well. I've been out 5 times in it. Everything works and engine runs good. The carpet, fold-down seats and dashboard trim paint have seen better days. The rest of the vinyl and plastic trim is very good.

The first project is replacing the carpet. I also plan on replacing the port side lounge seat with 2 swivel seats, which was standard on other Princecraft models (and better suits my needs)

I've started to pull out the flooring, rear deck and side panels. It is very modular and mostly attached with screws and some bolts. I've drilled out a few rivets holding trim. Taking the interior apart is straightforward, but some access is limited so a stubby screwdriver is a requirement.

The wood looks fine but from what I've read so far, it seems to make sense to sand it and coat it with epoxy.

In pulling apart the back deck wood, I found an unused void (red arrow). I'm hoping to make this into storage (and not disturb any foam in the process).
IMG_0316-rear-deck.jpg