2000 Johnson 25hp 3cylinder. Help

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I lost the sticker with my model number. It's a 2000 Johnson 25hp 3cylinder long shaft. No steering wheel. Electric and pull start. The sticker below the one I lost says it's a 2000 and the engine family number is Y1PXM0034210. Thx in advance

racerone

Supreme Mariner
And what help are you looking for.-----They are heavy so do you need help lifting it ??

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was wondering if anyone new the number I lost. I need to order parts but there's a whole list of numbers for a 2000 25hp 3cylinder Johnson.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Most parts were the same for all the production years.-------So what parts are you looking for?----In Canada----evinrudeparts.ca----will help you.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If the oil injection is still in service it should be taken off.-----Heaved away over the fence as far as you can.----Mix at 50:1 in the tank.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No oil injections. I do have a problem with it tho. I thought it might have been a coil but it's not. I checked them with adjustable spark gap tester. Once it's been running for a half hour or so just when the throttle is turned right down it makes a poof and a puff of smoke about every 30 seconds. If it's running with the throttle turned up just the slightest it won't do it.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If the oil injection is still in service it should be taken off.-----Heaved away over the fence as far as you can.----Mix at 50:1 in the tank.
Hey I was wondering if you can help me out again. I'm trying to change the impeller because the motor over heated at idle. If I turn the throttle up it cools right off. I changed the thermostat. I got the nut separated behind the finns. I have the six bolts out, 3 on each side. I can pull the lower unit off. It slides down about a foot then stops and I can't get it any further. What am I missing?