2000 200hp efi/ fuel issues

mca1634

Cadet
The problem is getting enough rpm's. First i changed both fuel filter's, cleaned the screen in vst tank, the screen before injectors, and even the injectors. when ever i test run the boat it starts off faster than ever. when i slow it down and turn around and trottle up it is not getting enough gas and boggs down. i changed fuel lines and am in process of draining fuel.(it looks ok though)
Stumped;Please help

mca1634

Cadet
Re: 2000 200hp efi/ fuel issues

forgot to mention, everything had some sort of flakes of varnish. a rust color. it was a caked to the inside of the lines and was in the filters. bought it 6 months ago, don't know how long it sat

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

How did you clean injectors? Did you check fuel pressure while running? It sounds as if injectors are leaning out or fuel pressure regulator is faulty.If you found varnish build up in system it will have to be disassembled and flushed. There is no additives you can purchase that will clean this.

mca1634

Cadet

My mechanic cleaned the injectors. We did run the boat with a pressure guage hooked up. The pressure was good (it's deceiving because the boat was obviously not getting enough fuel)> The pressure regulator is a good suggestion. can i flush the system by myself?

CharlieB

Vice Admiral

when i slow it down and turn around and trottle up it is not getting enough gas and boggs down.

Is the wheel still turned when you are throttling it up?

Is there any place that the fuel line is 'bent' causing a restriction in the fuel flow to the motor?

Engines have been lost, toasted, by lack of fuel flow caused by something as simple as a zip tie too tight holding a bundle of wiring to a fuel hose.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral

Does this condition happen when turning EITHER direction, or only to one side?

Is there any contact mark, drag on the side of the VST Float linkage, hanging up free movement during a turn?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Does your mechanic has a cleaning machine? Did he change the injector filters?Has the mechanical fuel pump been rebuilt? Has VST inlet needle been checked or replaced. When you say pressure was good was pressure stady or jumping around? The regulator can been semi cleaned, there used to be a kit for it but I thing its NLA.If fuel rail was not cleaned the debris flaking off in it will deposit back into injector filters or regulator. Will it run fine untill you slow down? Do you have to turn around for it to do it?(see Charlieb post if so)

blazer81.6

Seaman

I fish a similar setup but on a Blazer. Just out of curiousity what have you had your rig GPSed @?

mca1634

Cadet

It does happen only when i slow down. The first run when i test it, it runs great, then i slow down, turn around and throttle up. that's where i have problems. just talked to my mechanic. The problem is the merc's have a 3/4 grey fuel line. the debris is the line itself deteriorating. I replaced this line, now we have to go back through and clean everything AGAIN> I'll report back with final outcome

mca1634

Cadet

changed all fuel lines and the engine is cleaned out. went to run it, first on the muffs and there is beeping. not a solid beep. it's not oil. could it be the water pump? any ideas?

blazer81.6

Seaman

Have you taken the negative lead off from the battery for a reset? Taking the negative lead off for approximately 30-45 seconds will give the system a reset and may easily fix your problem.