2000 200 hp Saltwater series waterpump washers

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Bought an OEM Yamaha waterpump service kit.Missing was the washers and plastic washer retainer.2 flat, 1 wavy, and plastic slit washer retainer...all missing from the kit.Is it an acceptable practice to reuse the old ones if in usable condition?? The kit seems to be very complete with replacement key and studs which I didnt assume were necessary.However I do assume the washers are necessary.I am new to Yammys so help me out here if you have done this before.Thanks Charlie

robert graham

Admiral
I believe that often these washers are distorted or broken during removal, so most folks replace with new ones...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If old parts are in mint cond after removal why not use them...

Happy Boating

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
QUOTE; "If old parts are in mint cond after removal why not use them."..QUOTE by Sea Rider THE ONLY OLD PARTS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MINT CONDITION ARE BRAND NEW PARTS.CHARLIE

robert graham

Admiral
I believe these wave washers are designed to be an interference fit on the shaft, making them a bit hard to remove without distortion or damage....then maybe they don't work as designed if re-used.....

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Completed the service and reused the washers as was recommended by a Yamaha tech.That setup certainly seems like overkill.Takes way longer than it should especially the woodruff key.Getting it back in was no picnic either.