200 verado won’t run above 4500 RPM

Paradise pontoon

Seaman Apprentice
Working on a 200 mercury verado . We did a complete rebuild of the pontoon removed helm. But it all back together and engine revs to 4500. Same prop. Put diagnostic computer on engine no history codes. No active codes. It’s an electric throttle and shift controller on helm. I have looked the connection over and over looks good. I’m thinking if anything wasn’t plugged in, would get codes if something was plugged in wrong I’m thinking I would get a code . SN# 2B180857
Also have done a 300 hour service on engine
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Need someone like @muc but have you watched that the throttle is moving to 100% WOT?

Don't know which scanner your using, but need to see if motor says your getting 100% power, and Guardian is staying below 100%

Paradise pontoon

Seaman Apprentice
Need someone like @muc but have you watched that the throttle is moving to 100% WOT?

Don't know which scanner your using, but need to see if motor says your getting 100% power, and Guardian is staying below 100%
Yes the throttle is electric but it’s within specs with the

potentiometer to lever to engine. Yes Guardian is 0 says it’s never gone into guardian mode.​

Thanks

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Like dodge stated you should be using a diagnostic tool like mercury g3 to observe live data and confirm both the engine and remote show 100% throttle along with other sensors responding accordingly

It's possible by disconnecting the dts remote, ccm, junction box and terminal resistor(s) the communication was lost and you must perform a helm/controller configuration. The only way to do this is with mercury g3