2 skinny drunk men+2 overweight wives+12' jon

johnnybigrigger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After enduring the circus at the ramp...you know 2 pickups with 18' boats covering a ramp made for 6 to use safely, I saw a ship of fools preparing to leave the dock. Picture this...2 drunk men + coolers of booze + fishing gear + 2overweight wives, in a shallow 12' jon boat. <br /><br />When the last woman stepped in the boat the bow was barely above the water. The little outboard caughted to life and they headed out of the idle zone toward the open lake. I was 20' away in an 18' Checkmate dreading what was about to happen. The first wake of any size splashed the front woman, and she stood up yelling some things my 8yr old son heard for the first time.<br /><br />Needless to say the boat capsized and I was the closest boat. I bumped the throttle, and shut off the engine coasting up just as the first lady broke the water. I threw her 2 jackets, and grabbed the other lady by the shirt as she went down for the second time. The two men were busy trying to save the gear, and coolers...what a pair. <br /><br />They could swim, and the women...were left to their own. They grabbed the stainless rail holding on for dear life(bending them down to the deck) as I paddled toward the bank. <br /><br />They never said a word to me as I idles away from the bank, but had plenty to say to their husbands. It scared me at the time, but now it makes a cute story...I am glad I was there.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2 skinny drunk men+2 overweight wives+12' jon

good story

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Now where was funniest home video's for that one?<br />Just a little bleeping for the profanity and that<br />would be hilarious! Good Job JohnnyBigRigger.<br /><br />Just one of GodsBeast's

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

It's a shame, you could of sold tickets and made a fortune.

johnnybigrigger

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That happened almost ten years ago at Rough River Lake in Kentucky. My son tells the story now complete with the profanity...some things you never forget.