FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I worked at a GM store for many years and know a fair bit about those motors. There is no interval noted for changing the chains. The week point is only really the timing chain tensioners which only fail due to lack of maintenance. If there is no noise from the chains then there is no need to worry. "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"
Yes it is under the cover. When I said maintenance I meant engine oil changes. Lack of oil changes block the galleries which cause the tensioners to not react as quick.
Yes it is under the cover. When I said maintenance I meant engine oil changes. Lack of oil changes block the galleries which cause the tensioners to not react as quick.