1999 seapro 170cc

tsailorh

Recruit
I just bought a '99 170cc, and I have a couple questions. The previous owner left the boat outside uncovered for most of its life so the dash panel and data plate are faded to the point of unreadable. I have most of the elec. system working now but it would help if I could see a pic of the panel with all the switch labels readable. As for the data plate what is the max capacity of this boat? And as usual...does anyone have a copy of the owners manual scanned? Oh, and in case anyone wants to know I'm running a Susuki 70 hp 4 stroke.

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1999 seapro 170cc

Hi there,

I just bought (Dec) a 2002 sea Pro SV1700. It has a 70 Suzuki like yours. Did you ever get the pictures you wanted ?? I have photographed mine and can send them to you.

What are you getting for a top end with your 70 Suzuki ?? Is it a four stroke ?? Not much about 17 CC's on this forum. Stay in touch ??

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

bayrat126

Cadet

From south Texas, I own a 2002 170cc purchased in Dec 08. Have enjoyed the boat. Powered by 90 hp Yamaha. On light chop or smooth water it is a really nice ride. In 2 to 3 ft swells, its a wet ride. Have original owners manual. Almost worhtless. It is really an operations manual. No wiring schematics or technical info on boat at all. A few boats were sold down here in Texas.

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice

Hello bayrat126,

I'm wondering what the difference between my SV1700 and your 170CC is. I know mine was called a "bay boat" ???? Maybe yours has a deeper Vee ??
I have a pretty nice casting area on the bow area of my boat. I am planning to get back into some flycasting.

What is your top MPH with the 90 Yamaha engine. Mine was bought with a Suzuki DF70 fourstroke. I am hoping that it is not under powered. I just bought it in December, so I haven't been able to get it in the water here in Rhode Island yet. I am very anxious for early May to get here. Maybe even late April.

Got any pictures of your rig ?? I'll send you some of mine

Gary ifishinri@aol.com

bayrat126

Cadet

Hello bayrat126,

I'm wondering what the difference between my SV1700 and your 170CC is. I know mine was called a "bay boat" ???? Maybe yours has a deeper Vee ??
I have a pretty nice casting area on the bow area of my boat. I am planning to get back into some flycasting.

What is your top MPH with the 90 Yamaha engine. Mine was bought with a Suzuki DF70 fourstroke. I am hoping that it is not under powered. I just bought it in December, so I haven't been able to get it in the water here in Rhode Island yet. I am very anxious for early May to get here. Maybe even late April.

Got any pictures of your rig ?? I'll send you some of mine

Gary ifishinri@aol.com

Hull and bow slightly different. Speed prop that came on boat was 13.25 X 19,almost no cup. Replaced with a Michigan 13.25 X 15 cupped, variable rake Apollo prop. Incredible hole shot and power regardless of load. Boat and motor combo has sweet spot at 3800 rpm. 26 mph and will run all day on 16 gal tank. 70 hp may perform well when matched with an appropriate prop to get fac wot rpm with how you load boat. I had to experiment some to get best performance. Hassle but well worth it.

sanguine1

Recruit

I also just recently bought a Sea Pro 170CC with the 70hp Zuki motor. I think under estimation I am getting close to 30 MPH. I am trying to find out how to install a bow mount trolling motor and would like to see if anyone out there one has one installed. I will soon get a gps and figure exact my speeds. Lets get together and share some pics and info.

sanguyen84@yahoo.com

bayrat126

Cadet

I'm trying to figure out how to mount a bow mount troller myself. Electrical connection for motor is up front, but my boat has minimal flat space to mount motor. Has tapered gunnel to rub rail. Heading to Tx coast soon and will take some pics. You can access under side of gunnel from anchor locker but mounting surface only 4 - 5 inches wide. If I figure it out I will post install.