Suzuki DT225

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Guys ( and gals ) Thanks for letting me come aboard. Will be bothering you with a bunch of questions so let me know where to draw the line.
First off I have a 1999 Suzuki DT225 that has a hose flush fitting mounted on the engine cowl. Do I need to have the engine running in order to flush or would the muffs be better for this?
Also, what is this I hear about not mixing two stroke oils? Something about a 'gum' issue? Thanks.

jeffd258

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT225

Mine has this as well. The Service tech who installed my 1995 225DT said to use the muffs instead. If you follow the tubes you will realize they are on the least important side of the system and that unless the impeller is pumping the water throught the thermostats, no real benefit is realized. Kind of useless system.
Can not respond to your second question.
Hope this helps.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

jeffd258,
Thanks for the reply - guess I'll do the muffs.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

Hey Guys ( and gals ) Thanks for letting me come aboard. Will be bothering you with a bunch of questions so let me know where to draw the line.
First off I have a 1999 Suzuki DT225 that has a hose flush fitting mounted on the engine cowl. Do I need to have the engine running in order to flush or would the muffs be better for this?
Also, what is this I hear about not mixing two stroke oils? Something about a 'gum' issue? Thanks.

use the flushing hose
most techs will say use the muffs because it gets the motor to operating temps to open the t-stats
i do both on my yami, use the flush and the muffs