1999 mercruiser 7.4 exhaust tube source?

1990dtgl98

Seaman
Hey all. Picked up a new to me 1999 sea ray with a 7.4 mercruiser, bravo 3 drive and corsa captains choice exhaust.

I ran into a problem first time out. Water leaking out the rubber between the corsa pipes the y pipe.

It looks like the top of the rubber to the corsa pipe is barely attached. 2 hose clamps but only one is actually clamping on the pipe, and that is barely on causing water to seep past.

The corsa pipe is 4", the y pipe appears to be 3x4" oval. The stock rubber tubes are marked 32-14358

My question is....is there something aftermarket or generic I can use that will give me another 2" or so to allow me to double clamp both ends to to fix the leak?

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... 1st thing I'd try is to loosen the rubber couplers, 'n readjust 'em for better overlap on each piece,.....

If ya need a longer coupler, odds are something else is the problem,.....

1990dtgl98

Seaman
I tried readjusting all the hoses. Same deal. Looks like it's been that way for a while though. If I can get 2 clamps on the corsa split, I can barely get 1 one the y pipe, and vice versa.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... You could try 4" marine exhaust hose, but I'm guessin' it'll be too stiff to work,.....

tpenfield

Staff member
The Mercruiser Y-pipe fits about a 3-3/4" 'flexible' exhaust tube. Not sure about the Corsa pipe though . . .

The regular couplers that join the down elbows to the Y-pipe are just plain rubber. Make sure there is the correct part in place. Overlap to the rigid pipes should be about 1-3/4".

1990dtgl98

Seaman
Next question would be....where can I buy generic exhaust hose online? There's no real local places to me.

tpenfield

Staff member
Next question would be....where can I buy generic exhaust hose online? There's no real local places to me.
Google is your friend . . . There are lots of places that sell marine exhaust hose online.