1999 Johnson Outboard 3 cyinder 2 cyc

silentwalker

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
2
: The engine starts and runs for about 6 to 8 sec and then stops. After about 3 start times the plugs are wet with gas and need drying.
I have checked the gas system and it seems fine.
All three plugs seem to lose spark at the same time.
I beleive this is a electrical or electronic problem.
1. Does anyone know it there is some permissive that would shut down the spark after a few seconds that may have failled.
2. Could this be an intermittent problem with the elctronic module.
3. Has anyone else had a problem simular to this and knows how to fix it.
 

silentwalker

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
2
Re: 1999 Johnson Outboard 3 cyinder 2 cyc

Thankyou for the reference to www.boatpartstore.com
I checked the site and it has great information.
I will do the electrical tests tomarrow.
 
Top